AJ's Reviews > Twisted Truths

Twisted Truths by Rebecca Zanetti

bookshelves: arc, badasses, actiony, romantic, series, steamy

Sensational action packed romantic suspense – 5 stars!

The third and final book in the Blood Brothers trilogy, and wow, Rebecca Zanetti has smacked it out of the park with this one! Exciting, intense and action-packed with a gorgeous second-chance romance, this is a wonderful story and a great close for the series – as well as additional closure for the Sin Brothers series (this series is a spin-off from the Sin Brothers, and while you don’t have to have read the Sin Brothers to understand this one, it definitely provides great background. Also be aware that this series contains spoilers for the original). Denver’s story is my favourite in the series, I absolutely loved it!

Denver Jones is the youngest of three blood brothers. The boys met in a group home where they banded together in order to survive a hellish existence, and where they learned that they had been genetically modified to become super soldiers, with enhanced skills and natural abilities. The boys have been on the run since they were teenagers, and have set themselves up as successful investigators. But their primary mission is to hunt down the people responsible for ruining their lives.

In the last two books we have seen Denver’s two older brothers fall in love while Denver has remained quiet, clearly struggling after walking away from the woman he loves, Noni, after a brief relationship a year previously. The last book ended with Noni reaching out to Denver on the internet asking for his help – a situation which put the brothers and herself in immediate danger as their enemies close in, so Denver ran off to save the day. Exciting!

Noni is in the race of her life, trying to find her foster sister’s three month old baby. Noni was made the infant’s guardian after her sister’s death, but the child has been taken by its father – a drugged-up member of a criminal MC, and she is desperate to find her. She doesn’t know a lot about Denver’s background, but she knows that he is an investigator, and though he broke her heart when he unexpectedly left her, she knows that he is her only hope. And when he rocks up on her doorstep all growly and tough, their two worlds are about to collide in ways neither of them could have expected.

OMG, I loved this book! From beginning to end it’s a wild ride of excitement, action and suspense, and I could not put it down! The two action/suspense storylines make this a really exciting read, with so much happening - all of it really full on and continuing to build as the book progresses, and I read frantically, desperate to see how it was all going to play out.

And the love story is gorgeous! The chemistry between Denver and Noni is palpable from the first moment they are together. They clearly both have strong feelings for each other, and the emotion is really beautifully written. And the sexual tension is explosive as their attraction to each other literally sizzles though tension and animosity, mad lust and more.

“What do you want?” She gasped
His eyes deepened. All of those blue flecks commingled into something dark. “Baby, if I answered that, I really would scare you.”

Yes, it’s hot and steamy, and so, so passionate. And the emotional element to the sexy time builds the intensity as all of the feelings Denver and Noni have for each other consume them once again.

“I’ve hurt you enough,” he countered softly.
She moved, turning and straddling him, her thighs outside his hard ones. Atop him, facing him, was exactly where she wanted to be. “Maybe this time I’ll hurt you.”
His chin lifted, and his eyes darkened to a dangerous blue. Intensity, so sharp it hurt to see, swirled there. “You’ve already slayed me through, darlin’.”

And combined with their situation, it makes for a sensational read! It’s definitely not a normal environment for a love story to develop, but despite all that they are faced with, it all feels so natural as they easily fall back together – dealing with their emotions, the intensity of their current predicament, as well as the secrets between them and all of the emotion from the past. It’s a lot, but it’s balanced perfectly, with the story moving at a great pace and the romance standing strong and beautiful in the middle of all of the chaos.

“You’ll never be free of me. I love you, Noni … I’ll protect you ... Love you ... Be whatever you need me to be.”

Denver’s backstory (like his brothers) is tragic, and my heart broke seeing how deeply affected he still is by all that he has been through, the way he has dealt with it, and the impact it has had on his life. We really get to see his vulnerable side, his sweet nature and his need to protect those close to him, and his loyalty and devotion is beautiful! There is so much that he needs to deal with, and this book is a true journey for him in addition to everything else that happens, and I really enjoyed that part of the story.

Of course Ryker and Heath are a big part of the story, and the Dean boys from the Sins Brothers books make an appearance, and I loved seeing them again. The bond that these boys have is beautifully explored, and as much as I love the way they tease and joke with each other, it’s the emotional aspect of their connection is something really special.

“I don’t regret a second. Not one moment of everything we’ve been through. We found one another.”
… “Thank you for being my brothers.”

*sniff*

I loved the way that Zanetti wove these stories together, giving us so much in each book, tying them together in a way that provides depth and plenty of build-up, but it’s never overwhelming. It’s just the right amount of everything, and I loved every single moment of it!

5 stars!

An Advanced Review Copy was generously provided via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twisted Truths.

Quotes AJ Liked

Rebecca Zanetti
“What do you want?” She gasped.

Rebecca Zanetti
“It was just sex, and frankly I’ve forgotten about it.” If lightning struck people who lied, she’d be deader than dead at that one. “If you haven’t, that’s your problem.”
“I think about it every day and dream about it every night. Sometimes I still feel wrapped up in you when I wake up.”

Rebecca Zanetti
“I don‘t play fair. In fact, I don’t play. Learn that now.”

Rebecca Zanetti
“I’ve hurt you enough,” he countered softly.

Rebecca Zanetti
“I haven’t been with anybody. There isn’t anybody but you. Never will be.”

“His girl
He was tired of pretending otherwise. Tired of pushing her away and trying to be a good guy. Tired of being alone.”

Rebecca Zanetti
…“Thank you for being my brothers.”

Rebecca Zanetti
“You’ll never be free of me. I love you, Noni ... I’ll protect you ... Love you ... Be whatever you need me to be.”

Rebecca Zanetti
“More than a year ago she’d given her heart to him, and she’d never gotten it back. He now held it even stronger than before.”

February 22, 2017 – Shelved
September 18, 2017 – Shelved as: actiony
September 18, 2017 – Shelved as: romantic
September 18, 2017 – Shelved as: series
September 18, 2017 – Shelved as: steamy

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)

Friesdia Is it released yet? where can I find the copy? Thanks

message 2: by AJ (new) - rated it 5 stars

AJ Friesdia wrote: "Is it released yet? where can I find the copy? Thanks"

Hi Friesdia, this book will be released on 14 November. You can pre-order a copy on Amazon: http://amzn.to/2r81o9g

message 3: by Lauren (new) - added it

Lauren I have not read this series but this sounds so intriguing. What is the first book called?

message 4: by AJ (new) - rated it 5 stars

AJ Lauren wrote: "I have not read this series but this sounds so intriguing. What is the first book called?"

Hi Lauren, I'm so excited that you're thinking about reading this series! It's so freaking good!

OK, so the first book of the Blood Brothers series is called Deadly Silence, but this series is a spin off from the Sin Brothers series, and to get the complete flow I would definitely recommend starting with that one - and it's freaking awesome! The first book in that series is called Forgotten Sins.
You can check out the details on my blog :)
Sin Brothers - http://www.escapistbookblog.com/?page...
Blood Brothers - http://www.escapistbookblog.com/?page...

I hope you give it a go, and hope you love it!! :D

Friesdia thank you for the info