Karen Mc 's Reviews > Meant to Be

Meant to Be by Melody Grace

A true love story never ends.

Over three years ago, I fell in love with the Beachwood Bay series, a small town romance set along the Carolina shore, a romance that felt real, and an author, Melody Grace, who would be a favorite for life. I mourned the end of this saga, 13 books that became part of my life…13 books that felt real…13 books that were unforgettable.

There is just something SPECIAL about a Melody Grace story where romance oozes from the pages and butterflies flutter around you like a Hallmark movie. I LOVE A GOOD OLD-FASHIONED ROMANCE!!! Meant to Be Meant to Be is a Hallmark movie in words, a giddy-inducing, good old-fashioned love story. This romance immediately made my heart dance and my soul sing as butterflies fluttered around me, making all of my senses soar to life.

Beautiful Poppy Somerville is a romance author who believes in soul-mates and fairy tales, but is still looking for her Prince Charming. After a broken engagement, she jets off at her aunt’s Cape Cod beach retreat in Sweetbriar Cove to focus on her writing and relax at the beach. Except relaxing and writing are hard when her annoying next-door neighbor, hot contractor, Cooper Nicholson, is making noise from dawn until dusk.

Cooper Nicholson with his dark hair, blue eyes, and tall and muscular body is all man. A contractor who restores old, broken homes into beautiful ones. It’s too bad he doesn’t believe in the beauty of love.

“You don’t believe in love?”

“Yeah, but not like it is in the books. Real love is messy, and broken, and hard. Not all fairy tales and Prince Charming.”

“Says you.”

The banter between Cooper and Poppy was a fusion of heat and hate. I LOVED the combustible connection between Poppy and Cooper, enticing and emotionally-charged. Opposites who definitely attract.

“God, I’m such a cliché—the romance author who’s never been in love.”

Poppy won’t give up looking for love, and is shocked to find herself attracted to the annoying contractor. Sparks fly, and Poppy and Cooper can no longer ignore the electricity in the air. I felt their passion pound from the pages.

“I’ve been waiting all night to kiss you.”

“You just did.”

“Not properly. Not like this.”

The angst from that pent-up passion was an adrenaline-induced high…and oh did I FEEL THAT RUSH!

“…That hope, the longing—I think we all feel it, every day.”

"That passion, the feeling like you're not alone, and somebody sees you, all the way to your heart."

These inspiring words of love full of hope made me SWOON!!! I MELTED like molten lava as these lines sparked with LOVE AND LIFE.

“Was it all a game to you?”

Before a relationship can begin, the past surfaces for Prince Charming who flees like Cinderella at midnight.

“Maybe we’re just not meant to be.”

Will this real romance get its happy ending or will a plot twist change the course of this budding love story?

“Will you stay?”

Melody Grace has returned to her small town, beach setting roots with Meant to Be, a sweet and sexy romance that is the perfect escape. I SWOONED HARD, MY SOUL SOARED HIGH, and my heart was hit like a big wave by this beach town romance. This sweet and smoldering story set in a small town awakens all of the senses in a love story brought to life. Meant to Be swept me up like an ocean breeze, where I felt the ocean air, and smelled the salty water. I was immersed into a small town of intimate characters who quickly captured my heart.

Melody Grace’s newest small town beach romance is captivating and charming, sweet and sexy, and simply DIVINE!!! Meant to Be is a good old-fashioned love story. This small town fairy tale charmed its way into my heart as my soul sang with sound of the ocean, a tune of fate and forever love. Love found me sweet and sexy small town romance. Meant to Be is melt-worthy and magical!!! I LOVED this romantic trip to The Cape! This sweet and swoon-filled story was MY PERFECT ESCAPE. ❤

4.5 ‘meant to be’ stars

Because if some things weren’t meant to be, that meant there was plenty that was.

Web: http://www.bookaliciousbabes.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/bookaliciousb...
Readers Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/BBBBoo...
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/bookaliciousbb
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/bookaliciousbb

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Meant to Be.

February 21, 2017 – Started Reading
February 21, 2017 – Shelved
February 22, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)

message 1: by Jayme (new)

Jayme Awesome review, Karen!

message 2: by Treen (new)

Treen Goodwin Great review :)

message 3: by Tracey (new) - added it

Tracey Jacobi Awesome review!!

message 4: by Denise (new) - added it

Denise Nichole I love the review

message 5: by Heather (new)

Heather Stacy Nice review!!

message 6: by Regine (new)

Regine Abel Great review!

message 7: by Nikki (new) - added it

Nikki Bankert Awesome review

message 8: by Cat (new) - added it

Cat Great review x

message 9: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth Stacy Awesome review

message 10: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Loved it!

message 11: by Bre (new) - added it

Bre Kershaw LOVE this review!!!

message 12: by Debra (new) - added it