Mikee Andrea (ReadWithMikee)'s Reviews > Come to Me Recklessly

Come to Me Recklessly by A.L. Jackson

bookshelves: romance

Come to Me Reckless was definitely a step up from Come to Me Quietly! I ended up skipping the second book in the series because I was getting annoyed with Jared's self-pity and after looking at the reviews, I'm glad I decided to skip it.

From the very beginning, I was intrigued by Christopher's character and I was really looking forward to his story once Samantha was mentioned in Come to Me Quietly. As much as I loved Sam and Christopher's story, I did have a few complaints.

First, I'm getting sick and tired of author's using terminal illnesses as a plot device or a way to further another character's development. This book was probably the second book I read in two weeks where cancer played some part in the story. It's getting really tiring and as soon as Stewart was mentioned, I couldn't help but roll my eyes at the notion. As terrible as that sounds, I'm exhausted with authors killing off characters due to a terminal disease to bring couples together. And I've noticed that it happens often in romance novels.

Secondly, I'm strongly against cheating. But reading this book, I found myself not minding much. When that happens, there's definitely an issue lol. And in this case, it's the terrible boyfriend trope. Make the boyfriend as horrid as possible to make the audience not mind it when the heroine cheats with hero and vice versa. Yeah, I'm really tired of that trope too.

The main issues I had mainly had to do with typical tropes we see in novels, but besides that, I really enjoyed this one. I love the chemistry between Christopher and Samantha. And the tension was so thick, I was just begging for them to get together already. XD I wish we had another book for them because I would love to see more of Samantha and Christopher.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Come to Me Recklessly.

February 21, 2017 – Started Reading
February 21, 2017 – Shelved
February 21, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
February 21, 2017 – Shelved as: romance
February 21, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Julie (new)

Julie Naidoo Please read the second part. Yes there are pages to skip, but the intensity of this story is too amazing. There was so much of sadness and grief that this one human had to go through, it still amazes me that he held on and found his way. Aly was just the most beautiful creation and the love they share is something we can all take a lesson from. The second half of this book has definetly left a real mark in me, not any book that Ive ever read before had this profound effect on me....