Thalia's Reviews > Kill the Dead

Kill the Dead by Richard Kadrey

bookshelves: audiobooks, urban-fantasy

“Sometimes there’s nothing worse than the truth. It can be harder and sharper and hurt more than a knife. The truth can clear a room faster than tear gas.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kill the Dead.

Quotes Thalia Liked

Richard Kadrey
“It doesn't matter if you and everyone else in the room are thinking it. You don't say the words. Words are weapons. They blast big bloody holes in the world. And words are bricks. Say something out loud and it starts turning solid. Say it loud enough and it becomes a wall you can't get through.”

Richard Kadrey
“You were a prick and a crook, but no one deserves to go out the way you went. I hope it was over quick and that you tasted like ass all the way down. Amen.”

Richard Kadrey
“As sweet as it feels, I can't lie here forever curled up in a big ball of fuck-the-world.”

Richard Kadrey
“If his drunkenness had legs, it would be Alexander the Great and conquer the known world. Then it would puke for a week into a solid gold toilet it stole from Zeus's guest room.”

Richard Kadrey
“Memories are bullets. Some whiz by and only spook you. Others tear you open and leave you in pieces.”

Richard Kadrey
“Enemies will kill you with a knife in the back. Friends will kill you with kindness. Either way you're dead.”

Richard Kadrey
“Let me finish my beer." (Stark)
"Of course. The end of the world can wait.(Kasabian)”

Richard Kadrey
“Words are weapons. They blast big bloody holes in the world. And words are bricks. Say something out loud and it starts turning solid. Say it out loud enough and it becomes a wall you can’t get through.”

Richard Kadrey
“Everyone in California is a Buddhist for fifteen minutes. Then they realize they’re not allowed to eat chili dogs and enlightenment starts sounding like a real drag.”

Richard Kadrey
“I come from a long line of tall-tale talkers. Our family crest is bullets over crossed fingers and underneath it says, ‘Bullshit Über Alles.”

Richard Kadrey
“Abandon all hope ye who piss me off.”

February 20, 2017 – Shelved