Sonia Almeida Dias's Reviews > The Fall of Hyperion

The Fall of Hyperion by Dan Simmons

I am still trying to process this book, having just finished it yesterday and reading both volumes in one breath. What an amazing adventure, one that I was dreading and anticipating the end at the same time.

So, the story picks up on a different point altogether from the previous book, with different characters, and after the initial shock I managed to get in the plot once again and realize the Universe was still the same. May I remind you that Hyperion has finished in a MAJOR cliffhanger, so this took some adjustment.

Luckily the author was not too cruel and we get some intel on our old friends, the pilgrims, soon enough.

And in this book everything comes together, connections are made that bring sense to all the chaos, in a very elegant way. I loved both books and the way they come together and cannot recommend then enough.

They are hard-core sci-fi, but they are so much more than that. They are beautifully written, they take us on a journey of possibilities, they make us think and reflect about the place of humankind on Earth and on the Universe. What do we really think we are entitled to do as a species, as just another presence on an immense vastness.
Is the Universe really just a gigantic poem?

Read, think, imagine and let me know your thoughts...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fall of Hyperion.

February 20, 2017 – Shelved
February 20, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
March 6, 2017 – Started Reading
March 17, 2017 –
page 339
63.96% "Wanting to see the end, but dreading it at the same time... oh, the thorns..."
March 22, 2017 – Finished Reading