Wendy Cartmell's Reviews > My Sister's Bones

My Sister's Bones by Nuala Ellwood

My Sister’s Bones Nuala Ellwood
Kate Rafter is a high-flying war reporter. She's the strong one. The one who escaped their father. Her sister Sally didn't. Instead, she drinks. But when their mother dies, Kate is forced to return to the old family home. And on her very first night she is woken by a terrifying scream. At first she tells herself it's just a nightmare, a legacy of her time in Syria. But then she hears it again. And this time she knows she's not imagining it... What secret is lurking in her mother's garden? And can Kate get to the truth...before she loses her mind?
I really rate this novel and my interest is being drawn more into psychological novels instead of straight police procedurals. The theme of this book is post traumatic syndrome. Who can get it? Can it be recognised? Can it be treated? The character of Kate is multi-faceted, yet real. Her dysfunctional family have obviously had a hand in moulding her character, but it’s her job as a war reporter that eventually breaks her. As she spirals out of control, she is still trying to get people to take her seriously about hearing screams in the night and spying a lone child in the garden of her mother’s house.
In a world where all is not where it seems, Kate struggles with her mental illness and her family to solve the mystery of the child she believes she has seen, but no one else does.
A seriously good book 5*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Sister's Bones.

Started Reading