Aneesa's Reviews > Swinging At Love

Swinging At Love by Kendra C. Highley

Feb 21, 2017

bookshelves: 2017fav, absolutefav, academic, favourites, humor, i-want-it, lovedit, re-read-again, r2r, romance, ya

Received an advance reader copy in exchange for a fair review

Oh dear, here we go again. As if Kyle and Faith were not enough in the first book the second one comes out. I actually had no idea this was going to be a series. I remember reading about Tristan in the first book and oh wow if I thought I loved him in the first book, this one is entirely on a different level.

Alyssa, a ballerina who loves to dance is practicing for the summer camp audition with Lauren (do you remember these two? It actually took me a while to notice that I read the first book and loved it! This series reminds me of The Fine Art of Pretending, loved that book too). Alyssa is caring, confident and knows a lot about baseball and pitching. I guess she would since she used to be a pitcher for the softball team but she leaves it as she loves dancing more. Enters Tristan, who is also really sweet and faces a big problem as he can't seem to hit the ball and his team are counting on him. He doesn't know what the problem is, he comes to Swing Away to practice and have some privacy from the team and here meets the alluring Alyssa.

Alyssa, who is a bit of a expert offers to help him with his troubles. As they slowly start to spend more time with each other, they become increasingly fond with one another. Although the relationship begins with rocky start thanks to Dylan and Lauren but its all in good in the end.

I really loved how they are both willing to go to extreme lengths to help one another, Alyssa helps Tristan and Tristan helps Alyssa save Swing Away, but will they succeed?

OMG! Kyle and Faith are really LOVED up in this book, I wanted more Kyle and Faith. I am hoping they end up married and have adorable babies. You can also see a big change in Kyle thanks to Faith and vice versa.

I am beginning to love the authors writing, it makes me fall in love with the characters all over again. I love how everything seems to just flow and nothing is ever easy for the characters even when I wish they were. There are twists and turns and winning each other back. I love it when the guy has to work for winning his girl back it makes it so much joy reading it. Loved Kyle and Tristan *swoons*.

Blog | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | G+ | Pinterest

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Swinging At Love.

February 19, 2017 – Started Reading