Kati's Reviews > Secrets of a Reluctant Princess

Secrets of a Reluctant Princess by Casey Griffin

The first thing I just have to get off of my chest if the extremely unfortunate name of the main protagonist in this story. Adrianna (Andy) Bottom, is not the best of names but when her father is the King of bathroom appliances it opens the door for a lot of cruel jokes. Through half the dramas Andy faces I just wanted to give her a big hug.

This book is a high school drama romance based in Beverly Hills as Andy moves to a new school and her mother pushes a new lifestyle on her. Any has a nerdy way about her and loves up-styling old thrift shop clothes which I found to be a nice touch on her character. Andy has a history of being bullied and she is looking at this new school as the opportunity for a fresh start – if only the reality TV camera’s would leave her alone.

This book pretty much had it all with regards to a high school romance that I could want, life lessons, romance, fabulous and interesting characters, and there is Live Action Role Playing (LARPing)… Woot! I really do recommend this book to any contemporary lover out there… If you liked Morgan Matson or Kasie West, you should definitely have Casey Griffin on your radar.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Secrets of a Reluctant Princess.

February 19, 2017 – Shelved