Cheryl La Pa's Reviews > Doubleblind

Doubleblind by Ann Aguirre

20985154

bookshelves: 2017-mar

I am still thoroughly enjoying this series though this one was not my favourite. I missed the snarky, impulsive Sirantha, her deep connection with March and the team dynamics.

Sirantha is on a delicate diplomatic mission on Ithiss-Tor, which is inhabited by bug like aliens and she must fight her impulses to remain calm, collected and focused, while remembering to abide by the proper customs and protocol. She is assisted mainly by Vel (my favourite character and a bug to boot) and Constance (her AI bot), while the other team members play minor support roles. Poor March is in a bad place emotionally after fighting a vicious battle which has left in permanent kill-mode. But Sirantha refuses to give up on him and desperately tries to find a way to bring the old March back.

The first 60% of the book focused on the politics and bug culture, but it really picks up after that. Sirantha is caught in a near impossible situation and one bad move can be catastrophic. She is so determined, focused and resourceful, and with the help of her invaluable assistants, she does her darnest to achieve her goals.

The last part has adrenaline-pumping action, heart-stopping suspense and a brutal betrayal. Can't wait to see what happens in the next book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Doubleblind.

February 18, 2017 – Shelved