Cynthia (Bingeing On Books)'s Reviews > Alone

Alone by Scott Sigler

5819300

bookshelves: arcs, book-series

I received this ARC from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.

Wow. What an incredible end to an incredible series. So there are times when I am reading a book series and I never really feel like the sequels live up to the first one. For so many series, the books just kind of lose steam as they go on. BUT NOT WITH THIS ONE. This book is just as exciting as the first two . . . even more so, actually. This book was almost 600 pages and I swear there was action and bloodshed and intensity for over 500 of those pages. It was such a roller coaster . . . if the roller coaster in question was full of hills and didn't give you a chance to catch your breath before taking you over the next one.

Okay, it's REALLY hard to give a thorough review because of spoilers. I don't want to ruin this. I will say there are so many enemies that Em and the other Birthday Children have to fight here. Once they fight one group, another one comes along. Meanwhile, they also have to stop fighting each other so they can concentrate on the people who are really after them. This last book kind of reminded me of Lord of the Flies times a million or something. It's like an adult version of that. And there were so many twists in this one that my head spun a little bit. All the questions are answered and none of it was predictable at all. This was such a thrilling conclusion to this series. Highly recommended.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Alone.

February 18, 2017 – Shelved