~Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$~'s Reviews > Mister Moneybags

Mister Moneybags by Vi Keeland

2.5 Stars

I guess I could stretch it to 3 stars

I’m sure the majority of my GR friends will hate me after this. Again.

But I was always honest about my feelings and opinions in my reviews and I’m planning on staying that way. Everybody's entitled to their opinion, right?

First of all, I'd like to point out that I wasn't expecting Dostoevsky. I mean, I knew what I was getting myself into. I just wanted to have fun, to read something light and mood-lifting. I love both authors and their works. I was completely aware this book could be a bit predictable and that was okay, I was ready for it.

However, one thing I can’t stand in books is manufactured drama and ridiculous, eye-roll inducing storylines. And here I had to suspend HUGE amounts of disbelief. The story in the second half became so ridiculous, over the top and cheesy that I simply could not enjoy it anymore.

My second problem is insta-love.

Although I did feel the connection between the characters, I did not feel their love or chemistry. Even the sex scenes were boring and felt unemotional to me. I've read lots of books with no sex in them that felt way hotter and more exciting.

The positive side?

I really enjoyed the first half of the book. It’s full of witty banter and funny situations which I loved. I liked the writing. I even liked the characters (Although the heroine felt a bit two dimensional. Her character was not as developed as the hero’s character in my opinion.)

All in all, this book is fun and entertaining if you don't mind over-the-top soap opera worthy drama. And I'm one hundred percent sure this will be a winner for a lot of readers.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mister Moneybags.

February 18, 2017 – Shelved
April 8, 2017 – Started Reading
April 8, 2017 –
0.0% ""
April 10, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-50 of 96 (96 new)

message 2: by Natalie (new) - added it

Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩ Happy reading!! xo

yasmin Enjoy :)

~Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$~ Jenny wrote: "Enjoy babe!!!! xx"

Natalie wrote: "Happy reading!! xo"

Yasmin wrote: "Enjoy :)"

Patty Belongs To Kellan~Jesse~Lautner~Miller~Garrett~Dean~Rafe~Liam~Prince Nicholas~Gianluca & Archer wrote: "Enjoy Dex!!
xoxoxo"

Thanks, my lovelies! xx

juviasft I feel the same way! This book had potential and it all went to hell around the middle.

Alex ♈ Great review, Anna! It wasn't my favorite either. And I will definitely not hate you *lol*

⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰ Great review Anna :) xo

~Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$~ juviasft wrote: "I feel the same way! This book had potential and it all went to hell around the middle."

IKR! The story went in completely wrong direction around the middle. Sorry you didn't enjoy it more either :(

~Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$~ Alex wrote: "Great review, Anna! It wasn't my favorite either. And I will definitely not hate you *lol*"

Haha, thanks :))
Sorry it wasn't a winner for you either.

~Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$~ Alicia ⊱✿⊰ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ⊱✿⊰ wrote: "Great review Anna :) xo"

Thanks Alicia xx

yasmin Awesome review, Anna! Hope your next read is better! :)

~Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$~ Yasmin wrote: "Awesome review, Anna! Hope your next read is better! :)"

Thanks Yasmin :))

message 14: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Great review, Anna! Sorry it wasn't a winner xx

message 15: by Teja (new) - added it

Teja Huh, guess I'll skip this one. So tired of manufactured drama and insta-lust! Great honest review, Anna! :)

Julia Kai Exactly! First half was good , the second was a telenovela

message 17: by Malene (new)

Malene Fabulous and honest review, hon. Sorry it was disappointing.

Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕ Damn!! I was really looking forward to this one lol. Think I might hold off a little bit though lmao Fab review love ♡♡ xoxo

message 19: by Fran (new) - rated it 3 stars

Fran First half was definitely good. The "drama" was so lame. :/

message 20: by Nicola (new)

Nicola Fab, honest review, Anna x

message 21: by Shannon (new)

Shannon Agreed. I skimmed at 60% till 100%

Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog•• Always love your honesty, sweetie!! ❤❤

message 23: by Bookloverme (new)

Bookloverme Fab review, my dear! ;)

Nikki ღ Navareus Sorry this one wasn't all it should have been. I could NEVER hate you!!!! I adore all your reviews!!! Hang in there. Hope your next read is a brilliant one!!! xoxox

message 25: by Lučka (new)

Lučka Awesome review, babe! Hope next one is better! xox

message 26: by Karla (new)

Karla Ah hon, hate and Anna don't go together at all in my book! *wink* great review, and always love your honesty. xoxo

message 27: by Hulya (last edited Apr 11, 2017 07:02AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Hulya Kara Yuksel Great review Anna, sorry it wasn't better for your expectations. :-/

message 28: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Bummer sweets, great review though ;) xoxo

message 29: by Chelsea (new) - added it

Chelsea Great honest review, Anna! I'll probably stir away from this one because of the cheesiness. Hope your next read is better. xx

message 30: by Coco.V (new) - added it

Coco.V Terrific honest review, hun! :) xx

~Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$~ Nicole wrote: "Great review, Anna! Sorry it wasn't a winner xx"

Thanks sweetie! xx

~Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$~ Teja wrote: "Huh, guess I'll skip this one. So tired of manufactured drama and insta-lust! Great honest review, Anna! :)"

Thanks, Teja. Yeah, the drama was over the top. I mean it's not so bad but I was still very disappointed. :)

~Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$~ Julia wrote: "Exactly! First half was good , the second was a telenovela"

Agreed :)

~Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$~ Malene_D *Bad&DirtyBooks* wrote: "Fabulous and honest review, hon. Sorry it was disappointing."

Thanks hon xx

~Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$~ Sonya-❥Chatterbooks book blog ❥ wrote: "Damn!! I was really looking forward to this one lol. Think I might hold off a little bit though lmao Fab review love ♡♡ xoxo"

Lol, thanks babe. Youd should try it, maybe it was just me. I hope it will be better for you if you decide to give it a try. xx

~Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$~ Fran wrote: "First half was definitely good. The "drama" was so lame. :/"

Agreed. The first half is way better. :)

~Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$~ Nicola wrote: "Fab, honest review, Anna x"

Thanks, Nicola :) xx

~Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$~ Shannon wrote: "Agreed. I skimmed at 60% till 100%"

Glad I'm not the only one :)

~Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$~ Jenny wrote: "Always love your honesty, sweetie!! ❤❤"

Thanks so much babe xx

~Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$~ Bookloverme wrote: "Fab review, my dear! ;)"

Thanks sweetie xx

~Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$~ Nikki ღ Navareus wrote: "Sorry this one wasn't all it should have been. I could NEVER hate you!!!! I adore all your reviews!!! Hang in there. Hope your next read is a brilliant one!!! xoxox"

Aww, thanks so much for your kind words hon! xoxo

~Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$~ Lučka wrote: "Awesome review, babe! Hope next one is better! xox"

Thanks babe, me too :) xx

~Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$~ Karla wrote: "Ah hon, hate and Anna don't go together at all in my book! *wink* great review, and always love your honesty. xoxo"

Thanks darling, you're too kind :) xx

~Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$~ Hulya wrote: "Great review Anna, sorry it wasn't better for your expectations. :-/

Ps. I liked this book but it's not my favorite Vi & Penelope book. "Stuck-Up Suit" was so much better then this... ;)"

Thanks so much, sweetie! Sorry it wasn't your favorite. I hope the next one will be much better for both of us :) xx

~Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$~ Wendy wrote: "Bummer sweets, great review though ;) xoxo"

Thanks hon! xoxo

~Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$~ Chelsea Holder wrote: "Great honest review, Anna! I'll probably stir away from this one because of the cheesiness. Hope your next read is better. xx"

Yeah, I wouldn't recommend it, it's def not for you. Thanks Chelsea! xx

~Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$~ Coco.V wrote: "Terrific honest review, hun! :) xx"

Thanks sweetie! xx

message 48: by Judith (new)

Judith Great review,babe!

~Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$~ Judith wrote: "Great review,babe!"

Thanks darling xx

~Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$~ Ana wrote: " I’m sure the majority of my GR friends will hate me after this.
Again.