Elle's Reviews > Misbehaved

Misbehaved by Charleigh Rose

liked it
bookshelves: 3-oh-kay-stars, annoying-heroine, drama-llama, too-much-hype, hate-insta-love, snail-paced

3* unpopular STARS!

My first read from Charleigh Rose and it didn't meet my expectation. I'm totally in love with the cover. Student/teacher is one of my kryptonite because of the forbidden element. However, I tried to control the urge to DNF this with rolling my eyes too much.

description

Remington Stringer aka Remi is just an ordinary girl with normal childhood. She's not a homeless or having abusive family. Remi lives with her step-brother that she adored him too much. Her school life was pretty decent and didn't interest me. She's a lone wolf but thank god she befriend with someone that pretty interesting for me. Her step-brother is really disturbing with his touchy hands. Well, no father in the house, so... go figure. His douchy attitude already raised my red flag.

Mr. Pierce James is a teacher in Remi's elite school. His first thought about her is she's a woman enough not to be a student. Huh... Moving on, Mr. James has hidden agendas but he's suddenly intrigued with Remi's life also his douche step-brother. Remi keeps haunting his imagination and he couldn't see straight.
She’s an innocent wrapped in a body made up of every sin I’ve ever wanted to commit. A good girl with bad intentions. Remington isn’t thinking about the consequences of her actions. I’m the adult—it’s my job to do the responsible thing.

Both main character isn't memorable for me. Nothing's special. Of course, they're suddenly in lust. She wants him and he wants her. TADAA! But the sex isn't happened that moment. They're keeping in circle with slow-burn flirty acts. Mr. James acts like her knight in shinning armor to save Remi from the evil step-brother.
... then my instincts, my body, my whole being, is screaming at me to take her.
I want to mark her.
I want to fuck her.
I want to do things that I cannot justify.

Apparently, Mr. James wants to get revenge and everything started to get cliche. He's in love with Remi but conflicted to tell her the truth. It angered her. Additional to the drama, her father is a total shit. Why? Just read it. Overall, it was nicely written but didn't wow me enough. Just a decent story. The lesson from this story is, people changed even your dear one.

description

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Misbehaved.

February 17, 2017 – Shelved
May 9, 2017 – Shelved as: drama-llama
May 9, 2017 – Shelved as: too-much-hype
May 9, 2017 – Shelved as: hate-insta-love
May 9, 2017 – Shelved as: snail-paced

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)

Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog Great honest review, Elle! xx

message 2: by Nazanin (new)

Nazanin Terrific review, babe! Sorry it was a disappointment! Hope your next one is much better! 💟

Elle Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog wrote: "Great honest review, Elle! xx"

Nazanin wrote: "Terrific review, babe! Sorry it was a disappointment! Hope your next one is much better! 💟"

Kay (❦ ᴗ ❦ ✿) BooksandMe Er, like more of the same on the Teacher-Student trope. Great honest review Elle!

Elle Kay (❦ ᴗ ❦ ✿) BooksandMe wrote: "Er, like more of the same on the Teacher-Student trope. Great honest review Elle!"

The same old story. Lol thank you!

message 6: by Ari (new)

Ari Ahh the same old same old.. I'll skip this one. Terrific review babe♥

Elle Aɤɩ wrote: "Ahh the same old same old.. I'll skip this one. Terrific review babe♥"

Lol thank you! :)