Kristen Burns's Reviews > Phase Shift

Phase Shift by Jenn Burke

4 Stars

Review:
After writing reviews for four other books, I'm not sure what I can say that I haven't said numerous times already. The characters in this series were so realistic and developed, and the world-building was absolutely incredible with all the details and thought and backstory that went into it. I also loved the friendships and Zander's family relationships, and the romance between Zander and Felix was rocky but ultimately adorable.

One difference in this book as opposed to the others though was that there was less relationship drama. I actually loved all the drama and struggles between the two men in the other books, and they still had the issue of marriage to argue about in this one, but, since this was the last in the series, it was nice to see them finally working together as partners and no longer doubting the others' feelings or whether they were right for each other.

I have to admit that this book did lose my interest a bit during the more engineering/military-heavy parts, like the bomb-building and plan-creating and whatnot, but it still wasn't like it was hard sci-fi, so it was just a minor thing.

Overall, this was a solid final book that tied up any possible loose ends there might've been and altogether a great series with a rich world (or rather, universe) and lovable characters I'm going to miss!

Recommended For:
Fans of Books 1-4 in Jenn Burke & Kelly Jensen's Chaos Station Series. Anyone who likes M/M romance, angsty/struggle-filled relationships, books set in space, realistically flawed characters, and imperfect but sweet relationships among lovers, friends, and family.

Original Review @ Metaphors and Moonlight

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Phase Shift.

February 17, 2017 – Started Reading