Laurel's Reviews > Ravenmarked

Ravenmarked by Amy Rose Davis

4592093
Jul 29, 2011

bookshelves: fantasy

Tasked with transporting Mairead, the heir to the Taurin throne, to distant Sveklant by his mother, the Queen Maeve, Connor discovers that this is far more than his usual job. Tracked by a Forbidden, he must come to terms with who and what he is. At the same time, is Braedan, the usurper to the Taurin throne, all that he seems to be at first glance - a callous unbeliever who causes chaos in the realm? Igraine, Princess of Eirya, finally finds a purpose for her life in her appointment as ambassador to the kirok, but is that her ultimate purpose?

Ravenmarked is an easy book to read. Amy Rose Davis draws one into the world she has created, and skilfully shows it to the reader. The characters are all compelling, but don't make assumptions about any of them.

This book is one of the best high fantasy books I've read in years. From the first page to the last one is drawn into the lives of Connor, Mairead, Braedan, Igraine and a host of other characters. I sometimes turned the pages on my kindle too soon in eagerness to read more - and then had to go back to get the full story. I look forward with anticipation to the day I can pick up Bloodbonded and reenter this marvellous world to see what happens next.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ravenmarked.

July 29, 2011 – Started Reading