Shirley 's Reviews > Cask Strength

Cask Strength by Layla Reyne

May 02, 2017

Read from April 27 to May 02, 2017 , read count: 1

Wow... I really didn't see that coming. At least I don't have to wait long for the next Irish and Whiskey book. Can you say cliff hanger?

The plot thickens... Single Malt ended with quite a revelation - that Jamie promised not to share with Aidan. It also left Jamie in a very precarious position. He was getting closer to Aidan and secrets between lovers never ends well.

I gotta say, I'm loving this series and Cask Strength cemented that feeling. Even though these two characters broke my heart - more than once. Jamie was all in when it came to his feelings about Aidan. The only thing was that Aidan was only all in when he was physically with Jamie. Nothing's ever exactly what it seems and things started getting really interesting when the agents went under cover.

I don't want to give too much away, but both Jamie and Aidan thought they had reason to be jealous. Jamie seemed to be in his element when he got back on the court. Then lines started blurring when Aidan worked under cover way too well.

As things in the identity theft case started to wrap up, the case they left behind took another strange turn. The cliff hanger in Cask Strength wasn't quite as crazy... well, not in the same way, anyway... as Single Malt. That doesn't mean that I can't wait to pick up Barrel Proof. Even though I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be ready to say goodbye to Jamie or Aidan, Cask Strength ended in a twist that I never saw coming and I'm kinda hoping that there's a perfectly reasonable explanation, but...

I received Cask Strength in exchange for a fair and honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cask Strength.

02/16 marked as: to-read
04/27 marked as: currently-reading
05/01
48.0% "Not even 50% in and these two are already trying to break my heart. *sigh*"
05/02 marked as: read