Anno Nomius's Reviews > Between the World and Me

Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates

Read 2 times. Last read February 15, 2017 to February 17, 2017.

This is a great essay. It is a narrative of a black dad to his black boy in America. It is not a rant but it may appear as rant to some who don't have a perspective of the author's background and where he came from (Baltimore), who his dad is (ex black panther) some of which is told in the book and some you have to find for yourself. Everyone in America should read this book, anyone involved with law enforcement definitely should, judges, cops, jury. I loved this book. The closest that I have come to reading a similar kind of book is A Brief History of Seven Killings by Marlon James however that is based in Jamaica, close to home but not as close as this story. The other difference is the length of both books, it's a stark contrast. Between the World and Me....it opened my eyes to a world I was so ignorant of.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Between the World and Me.

February 15, 2017 – Started Reading
February 15, 2017 – Started Reading
February 15, 2017 – Shelved
February 15, 2017 –
page 100
65.79% "This is easily the best book I have read this year. This is a relatively short book and should be mandatory reading for all in law enforcement, cops, judges. As a nation we have no problems celebrating Martin Luther King and even have a national holiday named after him, why don't we celebrate Malcolm X? Is it for convenience ?"
Finished Reading
February 16, 2017 –
page 114
75.0% "more and more I am liking this essay...this is a book that should be read by all..black, white, yellow....."
February 17, 2017 – Finished Reading