Mark Woodland's Reviews > Butt Rot & Bottom Gas

Butt Rot & Bottom Gas by Eric Groves Sr.

Jul 28, 2011

did not like it

This book is just plain disappointing; my only consolation is that it was a gift, therefore I didn't pay for it. The cover sounds promising for a bit of very light, silly reading: A book of misunderstood or easily misconstrued phrases. The title implies that there's going to be some low humor involved, and every now & then, a little low humor is just what's called for after reading something wretched like the newspaper. Unfortunately, the book is just a dictionary; it lists simply the word or phrase in question and the actual definition. Nothing on the origin, nothing listing the more popular & humorous interpretations.... and, missing a huge opportunity, not giving examples of the misuse or poorer interpretations. Doing so might have rendered the book a thing I like to call "funny". As it stands, it's drier than a prune that's been left out in the sun for a week. A keener publisher would have seen the potential for a more interesting book and something more likely to sell. As it stands, the best they could do was come up with a title that hints of something better. Any good bookstore browser would pick this one up, glance at it and dismiss it entirely. My recommendation: Don't even bother picking it up.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Butt Rot & Bottom Gas.