Kaytlyn (The Bohemian Bookworm)'s Reviews > One Wrong Choice

One Wrong Choice by A.M. Hargrove

liked it
bookshelves: e-arc-copies

I had quite the relationship with this book. It started with the blurb, I was sold! I love a good best friend romance, and add on to the a love triangle of crazy sorts and you knew I was going to have to read it. This book was like touching on two opposite ends of the spectrum at once, there were some points where I was seriously irritated enough I considered putting it down, on the other hand it gave me a book boyfriend that will probably rank on my top list for this year. I had to take a couple days after reading One Wrong Choice just to get my mind straight on what I was thinking.

Brandon, oh my Brandon, my tattooed sexy as sin mechanic. Not only was he totally swoon worthy, and MAN OH MAN was he ever! He was a complete sweet heart, he was a sucker for Jenna the second she walked into his shop. Every girl wants a guy who will do absolutely everything to make them happy, even if they are just friends, and Brandon was that guy. However, he couldn’t lie to either of them and pretend that he didn’t have feelings for Jenna.

Jenna, oh Jenna…you irritated me SO FREAKING MUCH!!! I really dislike indecisive heroines. I understand that part of this book is the back and forth, but really there is only so much I can take without throwing my kindle at the wall. Jenna is a smart, beautiful, rich girl. And it is all about the money and the social status, if not for her at least for her parents. Kenneth, her fiance, has all of that, not to mention their families are connected through business. But in all seriousness Jenna, I wanted to smack you a good couple times! Just make up your mind and stick with it.

By the end of the book I had gotten over most of my dislike of Jenna. As finally it seemed to have taken a turn for the better. I really did enjoy Jenna and Brandon together as a couple, I think that they were the perfect match from the start. I just wish Jenna had been a little bit stronger of a character, but I guess I can’t always have everything I want. My biggest problem with this book, though, was the fact that I felt like it was a book of multiple endings. The way the last quarter ( maybe a little less) of the book was written was just ending after ending. There were multiple places that One Wrong Choice could have ended, and I felt like it was going to, and then up popped something else. It was frustrating, I would come to a point in the storyline and think “okay, this is it, I’m okay with it ending like this” and then bam something else had to get thrown onto the storyline. I think that it just took away from the overall story. Had it flowed a little bit better maybe it would have been more enjoyable.

Overall, I didn’t hate this book. I know looking at my review you probably think I did, but I didn’t. I just didn’t love it, it had a great pretense and good ideas, I just think overall it could have been put together a little bit better. If you enjoy a best friends romance and are looking for a book to fire you up, as it very much did me, I would definitely recommend checking this one out.

Overall Rating: 3/5 Stars
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Wrong Choice.

February 15, 2017 – Shelved
February 15, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
February 15, 2017 – Shelved as: e-arc-copies
February 27, 2017 – Started Reading
February 27, 2017 –
30.0% "I don't know that I am in the mental state to handle this book."
February 27, 2017 –
48.0% "Okay I need some something!!!!!"
February 28, 2017 –
68.0% "For F*** sake girl! Get your shit together."
February 28, 2017 –
68.0% "For F*** sake girl! Get your shit together."
February 28, 2017 –
80.0% "Are you freaking kidding me?!?!?!?"
February 28, 2017 –
88.0% "I've never been so vocal about a book while reading it... but holy hell this book is full of never ending endings!!!!"
March 1, 2017 – Finished Reading