Talia (Red Hot Ink)'s Reviews > This is Reckless

This is Reckless by Kennedy Fox

Read 2 times. Last read February 15, 2017 to February 20, 2017.

4.5 Handcuffs and blueberry muffins stars

ARC received in exchange for an honest review

This stories was one of the most anticipated of the month for me, because after reading about these two characters in the previous instalments, I had no doubts they’d be perfect together.

Courtney is a bubbly girl from Texas who’s been crushing on her roommate since before they started living together. While Drew is a police officer who, somehow, got stuck with Mia “Fucking” Montgomery, a.k.a. the Bitch Who Needs To Die.

I’ll admit, the first half of the book didn’t exactly make me squeal with joy. Mia was still too present, but I also gotta say I highly appreciated how Drew only started to “see”, really “see”, Courtney after he broke up with Mia. So there was no cheating involved and also it showed how loyal a man he is.

description

Also, another thing I loved was seeing how unwavering Drew was in his resolution of not taking Mia back. Too many times we see characters who, in order not to hurt someone’s feelings end up hurting their loved ones’. I was scared this would be the case, instead Drew didn’t disappoint and, once he got with Courtney, he gave her his undivided attention.

The second half of the book was simply… perfect. These two are hot as hell together, and a whole lot of romantic too. If at first I scrunched my nose at their first time happening the way it did and then Drew’s reaction, I loved seeing how naturally they slipped into a relationship. It made me happy to watch Drew be relaxed in a relationship and understand how sick his previous one with Mia had been.

description

We have tons of happy times once they get together, and I was waiting for the other shoe to drop, but instead there wasn’t anything too angsty. I also reeeally liked some plot twist happening around the ending that showed another facet of Drew, a faced that endeared him to me even more.

Of course, when the real ending came, I wanted to strangle both authors and demand to know what happens next (they’re cruel like that. JK. Love you, K & F <3).

Would I recommend it? Absolutely yes. I liked it even more than the first two installments, especially since Drew is not an asshole like Travis, and also because of the amazing work the authors did in portraying Courtney in such a way that showed both her insecurities and her strength.

description

On a side note, there were some funny moments involving Traviola, too, but since they’re on their honeymoon, the story was definitely centered on the couple at hand. Before starting reading it, I’d hoped to see more of Traviola, but I’ve got to say that I’m happy about their moderate presence because I happened to fall in love with the current characters even more deeply than with the previous ones.

Where can you find me:

716251 101920-simple-red-glossy-icon-social-media-logos-facebook-logo

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read This is Reckless.

Finished Reading ( Edition)
January 15, 2017 – Shelved ( Edition)
January 15, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read ( Edition)
February 15, 2017 – Started Reading
February 15, 2017 – Shelved
February 15, 2017 –
page 0
"Yes!
Come here, Drewtney. I'm read for you.
*cracks knackles, unkinks neck*
It better not effing end with Mia effing Montgomery!!!!"
February 20, 2017 – Finished Reading
February 28, 2017 – Shelved as: alpha-male ( Edition)
February 28, 2017 – Shelved as: arc ( Edition)
February 28, 2017 – Shelved as: drama-llama ( Edition)
February 28, 2017 – Shelved as: friends-to-lovers ( Edition)
February 28, 2017 – Shelved as: guys-in-security ( Edition)
February 28, 2017 – Shelved as: hawt ( Edition)

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Jessica-❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥ Happy reading!! :D

Talia (Red Hot Ink) Jessica-❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥ wrote: "Happy reading!! :D"

Thanks, honey! xoxo