✶Rachelle✶ 's Reviews > How To Love

How To Love by Katie Cotugno

it was ok
bookshelves: romance, ya
Read 2 times. Last read March 14, 2017 to March 17, 2017.

2 stars

Writing this mini review FOR A SECOND TIME because GR is a bitch and deleted my first review
--------

There are a very small number of female MCs that I want to bitch slap. Really, most of the books I read (98% at least) have awesome female characters. They are either 1) badasses, 2) become badasses, or 3) Elizabeth Bennett.

Our MC Reena here didn't make the 98%.

And don't even get me started on Sawyer.

I don't even think I can write a full review at this point. I really did not like this book. I know some people really liked it, but it wasn't for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How To Love.

Finished Reading (Kindle Edition)
February 15, 2017 – Shelved
February 15, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
March 14, 2017 – Started Reading
March 17, 2017 –
84.0% "I am seriously ready to smack the shit out of Reena. Uggghhhhhhhh"
March 17, 2017 – Shelved (Kindle Edition)
March 17, 2017 – Shelved as: contemporary (Kindle Edition)
March 17, 2017 – Shelved as: romance (Kindle Edition)
March 17, 2017 – Shelved as: romance
March 17, 2017 – Shelved as: ya
March 17, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

Frankie Lovely Bahahaha oh come on. They are a mess but it kind of worked. I like real and these fucked up characters are as real as it gets. Did you even finish this?

message 2: by L A i N E Y (new)

L A i N E Y YAS damn right girl! Elizabeth Bennet is defiintely in a league of her own!!

Ps. Sorry you didn't enjoy this tho .

Frankie Lovely Btw I did not want to like a certain someone and omg I fought it sooo hard but I ended up understanding them both and being cool with it ... but I always do a better job liking the unlikeable characters lol.

✶Rachelle✶ Frankie Lovely wrote: "Btw I did not want to like a certain someone and omg I fought it sooo hard but I ended up understanding them both and being cool with it ... but I always do a better job liking the unlikeable chara..."

Unlikeable characters I can get behind. Stupid characters I cannot.

Frankie Lovely wrote: "Bahahaha oh come on. They are a mess but it kind of worked. I like real and these fucked up characters are as real as it gets. Did you even finish this?"

Oh I finished it. About smashed my kindle against the wall, but I finished it. And they are fucked up. I don't mind fucked up characters as long as they learn from their mistakes. The only one who learned anything was Sawyer and even then he was still an asshole.

✶Rachelle✶ l a i n e y wrote: "YAS damn right girl! Elizabeth Bennet is defiintely in a league of her own!!

Ps. Sorry you didn't enjoy this tho ."

Oh yeah she is! She is definitely one of my favorite female characters of all time =)

Eh, you win some you lose some. We all like different things.

message 6: by Frankie Lovely (last edited Mar 17, 2017 01:06PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Frankie Lovely I actually found him quite redeemed but hey ... I didn't want to like him ... and I fought it so freaking hard ... and then I got to the "ok fine I understand" moment and found that I sort of was happy in the end. Does that mean that I didn't think that (view spoiler) ... maybe ... for her but not for him and not at that point in her life.

Also ... there are different types of unlikeable. I have a hard time with certain types that you don't and vice versa.

Now what I adored was that this wasn't your typical everyone is perfectly wrapped into a bow and sent on their way by the end type of book. This was the everyone makes choices be them good or bad, they effect everyone around you. This was the we are all varying stages of broken and just trying to get through. This was MUCH more than just Reena and her love interests. This was about the people around her and their faith broken and redeemed and how they failed those around them. Guilt and hypocrisy and shame and making peace with yourself and forgiveness.

Ugh you know me and my fascination with really breaking down the psychology of everyone and every move they make. Sorry not sorry :P

Anyway I have a very complicated review for this in the makings lol

Also that was a MUCH longer comment than I had planned. I think my original thought was "I actually found him much redeemed but I guess that's what opinions are for"

✶Rachelle✶ Frankie Lovely wrote: "I actually found him quite redeemed but hey ... I didn't want to like him ... and I fought it so freaking hard ... and then I got to the "ok fine I understand" moment and found that I sort of was h..."

Okay we are gonna talk this out.....somewhere other than this comment thread lol

=-*

Frankie Lovely Rachelle wrote: "Frankie Lovely wrote: "I actually found him quite redeemed but hey ... I didn't want to like him ... and I fought it so freaking hard ... and then I got to the "ok fine I understand" moment and fou..."

There is nothing to talk out. I liked things that you didn't. And I love you :-*