Andrea Stoeckel's Reviews > Gypsies, Tramps and Weeia

Gypsies, Tramps and Weeia by Elle Boca

[I was gifted this book and voluntarily reviewed it in conjunction with Ms. Boca's second Blog Tour in March 2017]

"Do me the courtesy of judging me for my actions and not the actions of others. I'll do the same for you."

Danielle Metraeux, a girl whose family history makes her a bit of an outcast by no fault of her own was the Weeia at the Academy who was the one who got bullied. However, she had made it to Marshal and has been deployed to Paris France, on her own merits. This plum assignment is to monitor and guard the Weeia population in conjunction with her supervisor.

While at Academy, she was often silenced and lost, until she found her own way. In Paris, she is finding that skill set handier. From her apartment and office manager she uses her abilities to make her new post habitable. The things she is gossiped about are things that let her into places other Marshals haven't found easy. She begins to prove herself worthy of this posting despite rocking the boat.

With the help of her own skill set, and the tools given to her, she begins to enjoy what she does, never forgetting why she was sent there in the first place. Where her superiors in Paris look down on her, she gets more done in a short amount of time than they have in years, and in doing so, gets the respect she deserves as well as craves.

I read a good deal of paranormal and urban fantasy. Having never read Ella Boca, I found this book reviewed on a favorite blog during its first go around, and it intrigued me. When it came up as a second blog tour, I offered to read it. I really liked this kind of parallel society idea wrapped in a story set in Paris, a city I love. And Boca's description of the Paris map makes it easy to see where they are, which is not any easy thing.When I was done I wanted more! I recommend this for anyone who likes stories that push boundaries. Me? I want to read the next one....NOW.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gypsies, Tramps and Weeia.

February 15, 2017 – Shelved
February 15, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
March 9, 2017 –
March 11, 2017 – Started Reading
March 15, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Emma (new)

Emma thanks Andrea for your very enthusiastic review. Even more valuable as you are a reader very familiar with urban fantasy. Good news, next book in the series is coming soon!! Emma at FBT

Andrea Stoeckel [Andrea jumping up and down]