Fayelle's Reviews > Love Lives Here: Finding What You Need in a World Telling You What You Want

Love Lives Here by Maria Goff

Feb 15, 2017

At first I thought this was just going to be a collection of nice anecdotes to make us feel warm and fuzzy. It is so much more than that. The examples and stories are lovely, but they're also real, personal, vulnerable, and challenging. Goff writes in such a comfortable way, so very full of love. She writes as a good friend would to encourage and edify our lives by sharing the details of her own. I am surprised at how much I have read new ways to be challenged without feeling lectured to. So much love lives with her, indeed, and there is much freedom in her stories from her life - freedom to accept love from Christ as we are, freedom to trust and let go - knowing Christ is completely dependable. And then freedom to pour out love on others - because love lives here with me too, no matter how messy my life gets!

I received an Advanced Readers Copy from the publisher. This is an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love Lives Here.

February 15, 2017 – Started Reading
February 15, 2017 – Shelved
March 7, 2017 – Finished Reading

message 1: by Julie-Anne (new)

Julie-Anne How do you get advanced copies of books?!

Fayelle I usually get emails asking me if I'd like to apply to review the book. I don't always get to, but more often than not I do.

The emails come because of many reasons - I'm subscribed to a newsletter, I am participating in a current study (like the James one going on now that anyone can participate in even without the book), I've been given an ARC before, I review books on my blog (some people have reached out to me there) and I'm really active on other blogs. So, then those people write books and often ask me if I wanna apply to get a book.

It's comes and goes in waves. The current James study? I got the book, but I was part of 3 other studies by the same writer before this one came up. So, yeah, loads of involvement first.

There was one book that I received because I happened to know the person who was the virtual assistant to the author - so she was the one organizing the social media stuff leading up to the launch which included possibly receiving the book to review. So she asked me if I wanted to apply. Then, when the launch comes around and they want us to tweet, share, blog, etc, I try to do as much of that as possible - the more I do, the more likely I'll be given another opportunity with another book.