April's Reviews > The Thief's Countess

The Thief's Countess by Cecelia Mecca

The Thief's Countess by Cecelia Mecca is an addictive and brilliantly written story of honor, duty and love. Book 1 in what promises to be an extraordinary series, "Border" series. See the prequel, "The Ward's Bride". Set against the Anglo-Saxon border in the 13th century (1271), Northumbria, England. What a great Medevial Romance!

From the first page to the last, I was intrigued and glued to the pages. I couldn’t figure how Sir Geoffrey,
a Reiver, who needs to reclaim his inheritance, who seeks his revenge and Lady Sara Caiser, a Countess, an extraordinary lady of good breeding, alluring and complicated, would find their HEA, with so much against them. However, Ms. Mecca manages to pull it all together in a dramatic and heart felt ending. I loved these two characters, they were so caring, honor bound and determined to make the best out of the hand life dealt them. The secondary characters were perfect, Geoffrey's Uncle Hugh and Sara's lady's maid, Faye, were perfect together, even in secret.

Fast paced with historical details, much research, Medevial challenges and the pressures of Medevial life, brings "The Thief's Countess", to life and adds more intrigue to the story. My only complaint, the ending felt a bit rushed, but was satisfying, as well as, exciting.
Many questions were answered. Filled with danger, suspense, mystery, intrigue, adventure, passion and romance. Everything Medevial Romance fans will love with twists and turns and a few surprises. I feel Cecelia Mecca is a new debut author to watch for, her writing is masterful, talented and an author I intend to follow. Her writing feels as if she's been writing for years. Very impressive indeed! An outstanding Medevial Romance from a very talented author! I can't wait to read Book 2, coming soon! A must read! Bravo, Cecelia Mecca! !
I received a complimentary copy.

Rating: 4.5
Heat rating: Mild
Reviewed by: AprilR

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Thief's Countess.

February 1, 2017 – Started Reading