Jamie Manning's Reviews > Indelible

Indelible by Lani Woodland

Jul 28, 2011

My Review: (may include spoilers for those who haven't read Intrinsical)

Once again, Lani Woodland has not only drawn us in with a stunning book cover (I mean, look at it), but she has also created a story that is filled with romance and humor and mystery. Indelible is the second book in Ms. Woodland's wonderful Yara Silva Trilogy. It further tells of Yara and Brent and their growing love amidst the chaos of Yara's Waker abilities (she can see ghosts).

Yara is such a great character. In Intrinsical (book 1), we got to see Yara's fiery personality and resistance to change. With Indelible, Yara has grown so much. She is still a spitfire, but now she is much more open to the possibility of what could be. We get to see that in her relationship with Brent (who's great, btw!) and in the way she has embraced her Waker side. Such a great progression in this awesome character, Lani!

And one of the best things about Indelible? Vovo!!

Vovo is Yara's grandmother, and she's an outstanding character. Strong, determined, humorous yet stern, Vovo is the backbone to Yara's past. She epitomizes what it means to be a Waker (which can be difficult sometimes), and she pushes Yara to become her true self.

My Rating:

I am happy to give Indelible 5 stars. This second installment in the trilogy only proves that Lani Woodland is no one-hit wonder. I urge you all to run out and pick this up as soon as it's released!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Indelible.