Cait • A Page with a View's Reviews > Bruja Born

Bruja Born by Zoraida Córdova

bookshelves: 2018-arcs

This whole book read like a super awesome blockbuster movie that I NEED to see asap. It all builds up into the most epic showdown, but it's so much more than just an action-packed rollercoaster of fun.

Lula has physical and emotional scars from everything that happened in Los Lagos in the previous book and is trying to learn how to deal with everything. She faces some big challenges throughout the story and has so much amazing character growth that I wanted to cheer out loud for her a few times. Her narration is just so engaging and has so much personality. The entire story flows really well, actually! And I love how Lula copes and figures out life as she goes in a healthy way instead of the story having some forced cure narrative. She's a really realistic, relatable character with an incredible family (I love how much they have each other's backs and truly care).

There are so many moments in this story I did NOT see coming. Ok, I don't think this is a spoiler since it comes so early in the story (aaaaand I feel like it needs to be shared because it will make people rush out and buy the book so fast): ZOMBIES. THERE IS AN EPIC ZOMBIE INVASION & BATTLE. They're called casimuertos and you can probably see where they come in based on the book description. Some pretty great new characters are introduced as well... basically, this was every level of epic and so well done.

Thank you to the publisher for sending me an ARC!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bruja Born.