Carmen's Reviews > The Map of Time

The Map of Time by Félix J. Palma

Jul 27, 2011

One of the most intelligent books I've read in recent memory. Not simply intelligent for its thorough and philosophic meditations on time and the nature of time(which are enlightening but never boring) but for the way it absolutely refuses to speak down to its readers. I have rarely encountered a novelist who is so respectful of his reader's intelligence and can write about such a difficult topic so urbanely. His wit is wry, his intelligence is penetrating, and his humanity is deep. Don't miss this book.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Map of Time.

July 27, 2011 – Shelved
December 23, 2011 – Started Reading
December 23, 2011 –
December 24, 2011 –
December 25, 2011 –
December 26, 2011 –
December 27, 2011 –
December 28, 2011 –
29.0% "So far very good. He takes his time to set up the story and the milieu but has a charming, conversational style that keeps the reader intrigued as to what his next move will be."
December 30, 2011 –
December 31, 2011 –
January 1, 2012 –
January 2, 2012 –
January 3, 2012 –
January 5, 2012 –
74.0% "This book started out interesting, then became clever, then wry yet brilliant and is now blowing my mind. I can't praise it enough. It should be required reading for aspiring novelists who want to learn how whet, frustrate then ultimately satisfy a reader's expectations. One of the most exquisitely crafted novels I have read in years. Its almost like some trickster god like coyote had written a novel."
January 6, 2012 –
January 6, 2012 – Finished Reading

Laura Jackson I'm so glad that someone I know has reviewed this book :)
I picked this up in a book sale as the cover and blurb drew me in. Very glad that I bought it now!

Carmen It will surprise you. Glad you enjoyed the review.