Amanda The Book Slayer's Reviews > Fate's Edge

Fate's Edge by Ilona Andrews

Jul 27, 2011

bookshelves: kick-butt-heroine, magic-users, paranormal-romance, shifters, werewolf

Okay this one was pushing 4 stars. I know I love Ilona Andrews. They are awesome and I love their Kate Daniels series along with the first two Edge series. This one felt like I was walking through mud in the middle of the book. I mean I hardly take two month to get through a book and that's what this one took. Once I put it down I didn't want to pick it up for fear that I might be disappointed with the characters. I am happy to say that there is a HEA(Happily Ever After) for our lovely couple.
I did love Audrey and Kaldar. I thought they complemented each other perfectly. It was part of the plot that did me in.

Forgive me Ilona Andrews for not loving this one! I promise I will try harder with the next one.

Still worth reading and I am looking forward to the next book in the series!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fate's Edge.

July 27, 2011 – Shelved
January 3, 2012 – Started Reading
January 3, 2012 –
page 28
7.53% "I love it so far!!!"
January 8, 2012 –
page 63
16.94% "Jack and George are running away! Totally didn't see that one coming."
January 9, 2012 –
page 115
30.91% "Starting to get really good."
January 10, 2012 –
page 116
31.18% ""She was like a little magpie; if it struck her fancy, she brought it home.""
page 157
42.2% "Both Audrey and Kaldar have attempted to steal ATMs. Lol. They are made for each other."
page 167
44.89% ""Kaldar wore black Levi's and a black T-shirt that showed off his carved arms. His hair was doing this wild unkempt thing that made Audrey picture him just rolling out of bed. He'd grown a day's worth of stubble, which just made him look hotter. Magdalene was defiantly pondering if she should take him for a test drive.""
page 172
46.24% ""I have a feeling Fate will be with me on this one," he told her. "Fate?" "Mhm. She's sucker punched me twice since this job started. I'm due for a kiss. " Could this be why it was named Fate's Edge?"
March 10, 2012 – Shelved as: kick-butt-heroine
March 10, 2012 – Shelved as: magic-users
March 10, 2012 – Shelved as: paranormal-romance
March 10, 2012 – Shelved as: shifters
March 10, 2012 – Shelved as: werewolf
March 10, 2012 – Finished Reading

Julie I loved this book and Kaldar is now a favorite hero of mine. The man is fine!

Amanda The Book Slayer well, this book is due back to the library so I think I should finish it. Bad Masters of the shadowlands for distracting me!