Daenel's Reviews > Are We Living in the End Times?

Are We Living in the End Times? by Tim LaHaye

Jul 27, 2011

Read from July 27 to October 01, 2011

Every time I read a book by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins, I learn something new. Based on their best~selling Left Behind series, Are We Living in the End Times is a three~part book that examines today’s culture to determine if we are the generation who will see Christ’s return. The second part of the book takes a step~by~step look at what will happen to those who are left behind after the Rapture and the last section examines the personalities who will shape end time events.

After discussing what the Rapture means to and for Christians, the authors go on to explain in great detail the horrors those who’re left behind will suffer. This period, known as the tribulation, will be a seven year series of climate, economic and physical trials that will befall the unrepentant. The authors go to great extremes to explain that these trials aren’t meant as punishment but as a last ditch attempt by God to persuade them to come to the truth of His love before it’s too late.

While the book relies on the Left Behind series for jumping off points, I like that the authors use the Bible, the words of prophecy experts such as John Walvoord and examples from current events to support their theory that we are, in deed, living in the end times. Some of the events that they discuss that point to this being the end times are:

*apostasy within the church (think Chrislam)
*increased interest in the occult
*deaths from diseases thought to have been irradicated, famine and warfare

I’d recommend this book for anyone who has an interest in biblical prophecy or end times studies. Whether you’re new to the topic or have studied the subject extensively, I think you’ll find this book informative, thought~provoking and useful. And, hopefully, it will make you consider your relationship with the lord.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Are We Living in the End Times?.

07/27/2011 page 43