Alexanne 's Reviews > Tiger's Curse

Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck

Jul 27, 2011

Read 2 times

Colleen Houck's Tiger's Curse took me on a life changing and spell binding trip to India for under $20. Never had I felt so emotionally attached to characters before. The Indian princes' sorrowful and painful yet mysterious and enchanting pasts really exites readers to learn more about these two compelling characters. And how can anyone forget the passionate romance brewing between our lovely Kelsey Hayes and her handsome prince Dhiren...and his younger brother Kishan? It seems Miss Kelsey is torn between two decisions yet either she chooses, someone will be left with a broken heart. As we follow Kelsey in her breathtaking journey in a foreign world, we the readers get a taste of Indian culture. We learn so much about this country from delicious gourmet dishes to powerful Indian gods and godesses. Tiger's Curse perfectly combines the perfect mix of a true, passionate love story with an action-packed thriller.

My word of advice would to get your hands on this book and let Tiger's Curse pull you in to a world of mystery, romance, action and imagination.

Alexanne

Merged review:

Colleen Houck's Tiger's Curse took me on a life changing and spell binding trip to India for under $20. Never had I felt so emotionally attached to characters before. The Indian princes' sorrowful and painful yet mysterious and enchanting pasts really exites readers to learn more about these two compelling characters. And how can anyone forget the passionate romance brewing between our lovely Kelsey Hayes and her handsome prince Dhiren...and his younger brother Kishan? It seems Miss Kelsey is torn between two decisions yet either way she chooses, someone will be left with a broken heart. As we follow Kelsey in her breathtaking journey in a foreign world, we the readers get a taste of Indian culture. We learn so much about this country from delicious gourmet dishes to powerful Indian gods and godesses. Tiger's Curse perfectly combines the perfect mix of a true, passionate love story with an action-packed thriller.

Alexanne

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tiger's Curse.

Quotes Alexanne Liked

Colleen Houck
“He then put both hands on the door on either side of my head and leaned in close, pinning me against it. I trembled like a downy rabbit caught in the clutches of a wolf. The wolf came closer. He bent his head and began nuzzling my cheek. The problem was…I wanted the wolf to devour me.”

Colleen Houck
“Just so you know, I hate camping. I'm not so much appreciating the fact that there's no bathroom out here. 'Nature calls' while walking in nature is on my list of least favorite things. You tigers, and men in general, have it so much easier than us girls.”

Colleen Houck
“Vampire sea horse monkeys? Are you serious?”

Colleen Houck
“Pulling the chair out for me, he invited me to sit.
I stood there wondering if I could sprint for the nearest exit. Stupid strappy shoes, I'd never make it.
He leaned in close and whispered in my ear, "I know what you're thinking, and I'm not going to let you escape again. You can either take a seat and have dinner with me like a normal date," he grinned at his word choice, "or," he paused thoughtfully then threatened, "you can sit on my lap while I force-feed you.”
Colleen Houck, Tiger's Curse

Finished Reading (Kindle Edition)
Finished Reading
July 27, 2011 – Shelved (Kindle Edition)
July 27, 2011 – Shelved

message 1: by Blake (new)

Blake oh its so amazing his book! im only half way thru but i cant put it down unless its life and death situations!! (like eating) but i agree with what your saying! even the temporary job office pulled me right in!

Alexanne Wow, I never saw this comment so you're probably finished the book. I found this book by accident while doing research for my Beauty and the Beast French project. I recognized the cover when I went to Winners (the Canadian version of Marshall's) it was $5 there for the hardcover!
So yeah, I had no idea what I was getting into. All I knew was that there was an Indian prince who needed to find love to break the curse.
The whole summer job thing was quite engaging since it's sort of relatable because we all get summer jobs as teens, except THIS girl gets to work at a circus!
Did you read the sneak peak of Tiger's Voyage on the Tiger site? ;)

Gisele Glaittli This book was so amazing I can't even begin to explain how it made me feel..I just finished it and I am lying in a puddle of mixed emotions.. And tears.. I loved all of this book. And of you need a book to make you remember all the reasons you live reading.. This is that book