Lady Jade's Reviews > Elizabeth Bathory: A Memoire: As Told by Her Court Master, Benedict Deseo

Elizabeth Bathory by Kimberly L. Craft

F 50x66
Jul 27, 2011

Okay, I like goth stuff, metal, vampires, witches, and true crime, but I also like romance and history. And I really liked this book because it has it all. I've been into Elizabeth Bathory since childhood and really appreciate Kimberly Craft's historical research on this fascinating and bizarre woman. I read both Infamous Lady and Private Letters, both straight up history books and both excellent since they offer info that you can't find anywhere else. What I like about this new book though is that it's historical but it's also fiction, and I feel like I'm right there, back in the 1500s with Countess Bathory. I finally get why she got so crazy, why she killed people and yet seemed so normal. Something about the way this is written, it makes you feel like the author somehow went in a time machine to find out all of this and then came back to share it in a book, it's that real. In any case, I really felt like I was in a time machine. The descriptions were vivid. I will warn you: there are some killer sex scenes and some torture and some twisted psychology going on, but nothing that you wouldn't expect from a famous serial killer. There's also a love story, and that was quite a bonus, especially since it's not just thrown in. It makes sense, and it's not your typical Hollywood crap.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Elizabeth Bathory.

Started Reading