Sara 's Reviews > Exposed

Exposed by Bey Deckard

5 Hearts

When I saw this book I jumped on it because hello, Daddy kink. From what I have read of the author I knew the story had a certain way to go (*ahem* depravity) and while I was prepared for that, I was not prepared for what I got in this at all. The author mentions that he may have written something more “romance-y than usual” and goodness was this ever romantic.

I love that yeah, this is daddy kink but not the norm we usually get or would think from the author. I won’t go into a whole bunch of details as to why, I have trouble trying to explain without spoiling and I really, truly feel that this book just needs to be read and have each moment presented so the reader gets the raw emotions. EMOTIONS people, there are so many in this I don’t know what to say and if you’ve ever read a review from me, you know that’s huge.

The chemistry between Greg and Emyr is instant and amazing. I was so into them as individuals and as a couple and all that comes with that. The sweet and sexy kink, the hurt/comfort, the Daddy/good boy and just everything. I truly have no idea what I am saying or how to properly review this because it was so much and I gorged hard core on this book.

This story, has so much more than a romance to it though it’s terribly romantic. All that happens, all that the author throws in with being exposed just about did me in. I am a sensitive reader and I was gasping and tearing up numerous times while reading. It’s a good thing I am a fair haired ginger and read this at my desk, right? Also makes sense for the permanent blush on my fair cheeks and neck while I read the sex and kink in this because holy hell, it’s hot AF! I can’t even with what I read because I would need something to bite down on to stifle the groans that may have possibly escaped while reading. It’s a damn good thing I also draw the line a dry humping desk furniture because, well you know. This was hot.

BUT, this was again romantic and dealt with many social issues of not only coming out, being your true self under the rainbow, but also dabbles in the shit storm that we, or I, as an American am currently living through. I think the dirtiest word I read in this book starts with a T and ends with P but it’s so vile, I can’t bring myself to type it nor speak it out loud.

Anyway.

I think I will stop my ramble now. I am sure there will be much better worded reviews of this and ones that make sense but for me, this is it. I just fell so hard for this book in so many ways. I read to feel and this book made me feel… everything. It was such a wonderfully hopeful, erotic, kinky and terribly romantic book that I did nothing at work and just read because I couldn’t stop. I was lost in the world of Emyr and Greg and when the story ended, I wasn’t ready to say goodbye.

See the group review on the blog!

description

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Exposed.

February 8, 2017 – Shelved
February 8, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
March 13, 2017 – Started Reading
March 13, 2017 –
20.0% "So good and we're only getting started."
March 14, 2017 –
21.0% "Thank you Google Image Search..."
March 14, 2017 –
32.0% "This is stupidly sexy and ridiculously romantic. Good lord. I am in love."
March 14, 2017 –
49.0% "Jeebus book. My heart can't take that...."
March 14, 2017 –
85.0% "So good. Have I said that yet? NOT what I was expecting at all. I am in love with the book. Head over feet in love."
March 14, 2017 – Shelved as: a-must-read