Sarah's Reviews > Our Broken Pieces

Our Broken Pieces by Sarah   White

May 05, 2017

bookshelves: netgalley-edelweiss, contemporary, mental-health-problem, r2r-read, read-2017, romance, young-adult

“The betrayal came out of nowhere. If I didn’t see it for myself , I would have never believed that either of them was capable of hurting me so deeply.”

This was a YA contemporary romance story featuring a girl with a broken heart.

Everly was an interesting character and I felt so sorry for her; catching your boyfriend making out with your best friend would be awful, but for the best friend to then start spreading rumours about her was even worse.

The storyline in this was about Everly struggling to come to terms with what had happened, and feeling like she had no friends left as several friends had known about the affair and not told her about it. She then met Gabe at her therapists office, and they slowly became friends, and then more than friends. Everly didn’t think she’d be able to give her heart again after what happened, but slowly began to realise that things were different with Gabe, and that she could be happy again. The romance in this was quite sweet, and Gabe and Everly worked well together. There were a couple of sex scenes though which might not be suitable for younger readers.

The ending to this was pretty good, and I was pleased with the way things worked out.

7 out of 10

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Our Broken Pieces.

message 1: by Candace (new) - added it

Candace Terrific review, Sarah! I'm a sucker for stories that rip my heart out. :) xoxo