Marie's Reviews > This Is Not Chick Lit: Original Stories by America's Best Women Writers

This Is Not Chick Lit by Elizabeth Merrick

Jul 27, 2011

as many of you know, i am a lover of 'chick-lit.' but really, only to a point. that's why i think this book beckoned me. i loved the variety of authors and stories; there was no uniform theme/plot, but the stories were similar in the fact they were just great stories that weren't the young city girl shopping in high end boutiques and searching for mr. right. these were REAL stories, no fluff. i particularly enjoyed the stories by Jennifer Egan, Caitlin Macy & Chiamanda Ngozi Adichie (can't believe i just remembered her name). I'm definetly going to find some of their full length books to enjoy. And don't be fooled by the Title; this book is not just for women. There was one story that just didn't sit well with me, I think i twas the thrid or fourth, about a doctor overhearing a conversation on a bus or something, that one was really boring; but i honestly enjoyed the rest! if you're looking for samples/short stories of some new (to you) authors and genres, definetly give this a read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read This Is Not Chick Lit.