Laurel's Reviews > Blowing Embers

Blowing Embers by Lauri J. Owen

4592093
Jul 26, 2011

bookshelves: fantasy

Following hot on the heels of the adult paranormal romance Fallen Embers comes this epic sequel, which pulls us back into the intrigue and beauty that are the world of Kiera and Laszlo.

Given ten days to surrender Fairbanks and themselves to the neighbouring mage Vrishka, Kiera and Laszlo must battle against the odds - and themselves - to survive. However, deception and betrayal soon bring grief, and Fairbanks must decide its fate.

I really enjoyed this book, and I definitely cannot wait for the next one. Once I began to seriously read it (I tend to read piece-meal most of the time due to time-constraints), I couldn't put it down, and only went to bed when I decided that it was REALLY too late for work the next morning - to find that I had a page left to read in the morning (I was reading it on my Kindle for Android). Lauri has a marvellous ability to feed one's imagination with words, and her characters are well-developed, drawing on one's emotions and loyalties, and you will keep reading until you find the answers to your questions - at least, those that are given.

Brace yourselves for the avalanche of emotions that this story will kindle. It is an amazing read, and you won't end the book disappointed.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blowing Embers.

Lauri J Owen My most heartfelt thanks!