Clau's Reviews > How I Met Your Brother

How I Met Your Brother by Janette Rallison

did not like it
bookshelves: in-english, ipad-iphone

1,5 Stars.
This is not a comedy. I didn't laught AT ALL. And the romance is seriously lacking. There was just too much drama and lies.
I hated most of the characters. First, Belle is a really pathetic girl, full of insecurities and who lives in the past. I mean, some random woman tells her that she should go to Mexico, so she could find the love of her life, AND SHE DOES IT. Are you serious right now? Like, who does that? Besides, she is supposed to reconnect with her college crush, who just got divorced. I mean, if someone told me that my college crush just divorced, my reaction would't be Belle's. I would say: Well, sorry/good for him, and forget all about it, because it has been like 8 years.
Marco, Belle's crush, is a complete imbecile. He obviously was never her friend, he only used her because she was smart. He is a selfish idiot, who belongs with his bitchy wife, Daisy. She was Belle's best friend, but it all ended after she started dating Belle's crush. Totally bitchy move. And she doesn't even care! She is the poor victim! She missed Belle's birthday, and she didn't even apologised. All she said was that Belle was jelaous of her life (her plain and boring life; she doesn't even work).
Then, we have Flynn. He lies to almost everyone in the story. He lies to Belle, pretending to be his twin brother, Marco. He spends time with Belle to keep her away from Marco, because Daisy wants to get back with him and somehow Flynn helps her. Even when she is a whinny bitch. But anyways, he is "forced" to stay with Belle, so she doesn't jump Marco's bones. But somehow, in like 2 days, he falls in love with her. Are you kidding me?

Conclussion: Do not read this. I had hoped otherwise, because what I had read of the author was pretty funny (and authors are like wine; they get better with time), but this was seriously awful.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How I Met Your Brother.

February 6, 2017 – Started Reading