Roxana Truţa's Reviews > I Hate Myselfie: A Collection of Essays

I Hate Myselfie by Shane Dawson

Due to a certain context that doesn't need to be mentioned here, it's been more than a week since I can't seem to find enough peace of mind to just sit and read quietly. So I picked up Shane's book because I watch his videos every night and I was hoping the whole experience would be more like an old friend telling me weird/funny stories than me actually having to focus on literature.

I know what you're thinking, Roxa's gone mad so she's reading a famous YouTuber's book, what the actual fuck? Here's the deal.

I would've loved for life to give me a crazy, inappropriate yet charming and kind friend like Shane Dawson. I don't know why he's getting all the hate here. If you don't watch his videos and you don't try to get to know him better, you might find his humour rude and shocking. This is not a book for the easily offended.

I personally loved it. I could hear his sarcastic tone in every sentence. Agreed, he doesn't write as good as he speaks, but the guy's focus is weird cinematography, so I'm gonna cut him some slack. Some stories were cheesy, some stories were heart-warming, but there's a couple of them that stand out and speak volumes - hopefully not only for this generation. Loved his honesty about all those years he was fat, loved his way of thinking and seeing the world. I can't wait to get my hands on his second book and enjoy more of his unique style.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Hate Myselfie.

February 5, 2017 – Started Reading