Alicia's Reviews > The Reluctant Godfather

The Reluctant Godfather by Allison Tebo

bookshelves: e-books, fantasy, young-adult

This was a cute and fun retelling of Cinderella, with the typical fairy godmother replaced by a disgruntled fairy godfather named Burndee. He doesn't like humans very much and messes up on a frequent basis with disastrous and/or funny results (view spoiler). His great plan to help both of his wards doesn't go exactly as planned, and the results will have you smiling!

The novella had creative twists and fresh takes on all the characters in the typical Cinderella story. I liked how Burndee, under all his gruffness and irksome manner (he did annoy me at times), had a warm heart that became more apparent and developed as the book went on. I also liked how his wards, Ella and Colin, always managed to surprise him- their wishes usually didn't line up with his and he was always discovering something new about their characters. The best part was the ending- so sweet!

I had a good time reading this, and really liked the comical plot and endearing characters :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Reluctant Godfather.

February 4, 2017 – Shelved