Gabby's Reviews > Behind Her Eyes

Behind Her Eyes by Sarah Pinborough

My first 5 stars of 2017!
I want to say thank you to Book of the Month for sending me a copy of this book! If it wasn't for them I probably would have never even heard of this book and I'm SO GLAD I picked this book up! This book is one of the best thrillers I've ever read and I can't remember the last time I've been so taken off guard by a plot twist! THAT FREAKING ENDING. I would have never predicted that in a million years and I LOVE when a book surprises me!

This book follows three very unlikable characters: Adele and David, a married couple who are insanely unhappy but refuse to leave each other, and Louise: a woman who gets romantically involved with David and becomes best friends with Adele. We get this crazy, sick, twisted love triangle going on between them as Adele and Louise become great friends and David and Louise get closer to each other, as Adele and David's marriage is falling apart. There are so many great moments in this book where you're left wondering which character is lying? And which one is telling the truth? And which one is actually insane?

I will admit, like some of the negative reviews are saying that it does reveal some plot twists a bit early on, BUT those plot twists in the beginning are what kept me intrigued and wanting to see where it went from there. And those minor plot twists revealed at the beginning did not affect my enjoyment of the entire book as a whole.

I personally don't understand why some people are hating on the ending of this book. The ending of this book changes everything you thought you knew about these characters and this story and I LOVE when thrillers do that. Isn't that the whole point of thrillers? To keep you second guessing and on the edge of your seat? This one did that for me and more. The ending of this book was absolutely bat shit crazy in the best way possible and I can't stop thinking about it and now everything makes sense. I went back through the book after I finished it and noticed so many foreshadows and hints about what was coming but there is NO WAY anyone could predict where it was going and I LOVE that about this book. That is great writing in my opinion.

I can't give away anything too specific about the storyline without ruining it, but if you enjoy thrillers then give this one a chance! The plot twist at the end of the book is 100% worth it in my opinion and put this book high on my list of favorite thrillers ever. This is the only 5 stars I've given so far in 2017 (because I rarely ever give 5 stars) but this is the first book that gets 5 stars this year because it's that good. This book was just published last month but I'm telling you it's going to be the next big thriller. I highly recommend reading this one! My mind is blown and I doubt I'll ever be able to stop thinking about this book.

I don't remember the last time I've been so giddy over the plot twist at the end of the book. I was literally sitting there putting it all together like:

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Behind Her Eyes.

February 4, 2017 – Started Reading
February 5, 2017 – Shelved as: thrillers-or-mystery
February 5, 2017 – Finished Reading
May 17, 2017 – Shelved as: botm
May 17, 2017 – Shelved as: arc-or-won-or-received

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Kristin (KC) - Traveling Sister Haha, right?!?! Great review! This one knocked my socks off ;)

Therese I just finished this book and it blew my mind ... that ending! That ending! Like the Sixth Sense, I read other parts again and saw how much sense it all made and tried to see the signs we were given: Rob not making a move on Adele, Adele’s black eye, the dream manual she was given, the fact that Adele wanted Louise to lose weight, ...on and on. It’s going to be hard to top this ending and all the messed up twists. Just brilliant!