Megan ~The Never Ending Book Basket's Reviews > The Awakening of Ivy Leavold

The Awakening of Ivy Leavold by Sierra Simone

Let me start this review by saying that historical romances are not normally my go to genre. It's not that I don't love them, but they're just not typically what I read because contemporary romance usually owns my heart. That being said, I think I need to get to reading more historical romance, because what I got in this story from Sierra Simone was literal perfection. Deliciously heated, intensely consuming, and with a beauty and magic to it that swept me up so truly, The Awakening of Ivy Leavold was everything.

Now I am a huge fan of Sierra Simone. Her writing is in a league of its own, and I can't get enough of her words, and the sensuality, literal spark, and power she packs behind every word. Having loved so many of her other books, I knew that I would probably enjoy this one because I don't think there really is a way to not love her writing. What I got in this story was an all consuming and completely enrapturing story that threw me right into the thick of the nineteenth century in a way that I completely loved. Sierra Simone brings this world and its unforgettable and dynamic characters to life in only a way that she can. She put me in this story so authentically and in a way that had me feeling like I was living and breathing every word of this story. That pulled my heart, my mind, and my very soul into everything she was creating, and it had me NEEDING everything I was getting with these characters.

While I might not be a typical historical romance reader, I have to say that I LOVED every bit of this book and how Sierra Simone took me back in time with these characters. The way that she allowed me to feel like I was living in their world, the way she brought the nuances of it all to life, and the way that she had me experiencing every moment of what it meant for these characters to share what they did, when they were doing it, was everything. It was phenomenal, heated to the highest degree, and it had this ethereal beauty and feel to it that made every word of this story so distinctive. That coupled with the distinctive characters she created that I fell so hard and fast for made for a story I know I won't be forgetting anytime soon.

I think what I loved so much about this story was that it brought out so much of what I love in a good, well written story. It gave me two characters I instantly connected to, and needed to know more about. It invested me in them whole heartedly from the beginning, and pulled me in with everything it had with each new page I read. It had the most searing heat that pushed the boundaries in the best possible way, and it continued to make me feel and blush through every single moment I got while reading. This story had it all. It had a pulse racing story that was so exceptionally written, and I truly could not get enough of it all.

While I'm sitting here writing this review all I can think about is getting back with these characters. Sierra Simone has created such a need to know more about both Ivy and Julian, and I am beyond excited to see what this series brings for them. I have a feeling the next installments will be full of just as many twists and turns and shocks, and I can't wait for all of them!! The way that Sierra Simone so perfectly wove together a story of a sexual awakening, with the mystery and consuming darkness that tinged this story and these characters lives, along with just the feel of it all was so damn good. It was electrifying to experience, unforgettable to read, and it just had me beyond smitten with these two, and everything that they were sharing.

I loved how much I got with Ivy in this story. I loved being there as she was awakened, as she came to feel and realize her deepest desires, and as her own fire and craves burst out of her. I loved that Ivy wasn't afraid to say what she wanted and own it, and that had me respecting and loving that girl something fierce. It also had me knowing that she wasn't going to be easy on Julian, but that every moment those two shared would be intense as all get out. Not to be outdone, Julian was a mysterious, alluring, and intense man that I was entranced by from page one. There is something about that man that can't be denied, and the way his strong presence is brought into this story was everything. Julian is raw, devilish in the best way, and just a force to be reckoned with, and then some.

The fire and pull and desire these two share is out of this world, and I can't wait to see what the rest of this series brings for them. I have no doubt it'll be memorable, and I have no doubt that Sierra Simone will continue blowing me away with everything she's creating in this series.

I can't say enough good things about this first book in this series. It's heated, it's romantic and beautiful with the history of it all, it's sensual and pushes the boundaries, it has the best level of mystery and suspense, and through it all I was living and breathing and experiencing every word with its characters in the most amazing way. I loved every word of this story and I can't recommend it enough. It was phenomenally written and crafted, with two characters that will literally give you it all. I am telling you, if you haven't yet experienced Sierra Simone's writing you NEED to this very second. Her stories and characters and words are everything, and you need them in your life!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Awakening of Ivy Leavold.

February 3, 2017 – Started Reading