Sarah's Reviews > These Things I've Done

These Things I've Done by Rebecca Phillips

May 08, 2017

bookshelves: netgalley-edelweiss, contemporary, death, r2r-read, read-2017, romance, young-adult, mystery

“They’ll never let me forget that my best friend fell into the path of an oncoming pickup truck and was crushed to death right in front of me.
And they definitely won’t let me forget that I’m the one who pushed her.”

This was a YA contemporary story about a girl whose best friend died a year earlier.

Dara was an interesting character and it was clear how much Aubrey’s death had affected her. It was brave of her to go back to her old school and to face all the people who had labelled her a murderer though.

The storyline in this was split between the present day, and Dara’s Sophomore year in the weeks leading up to the accident. It was interesting to see what had happened then and what was happening now in tandem, and I was also waiting to learn exactly what had happened between Dara and Aubrey before the accident, and why people were calling Dara a murderer. We also got some romance in this, although that was also tainted by what Dara thought Aubrey would have thought to the relationship.

The ending to this was pretty good, and this was an enjoyable read overall.

7 out of 10

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read These Things I've Done.

message 1: by Obsessed (new) - added it

Obsessed Girl Um this should have been covered with a spoiler warning or some sort??!??!

message 2: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl Hallen Eat r