Sarah's Reviews > 16 Ways to Break A Heart

16 Ways to Break A Heart by Lauren Strasnick

May 10, 2017

liked it
bookshelves: netgalley-edelweiss, contemporary, r2r-read, read-2017, romance, young-adult

“Just don’t come crying to me when she boils your bunny.”

This was a YA contemporary story about a relationship that ended with a bad break up.

The characters in this both seemed a little self-destructive. Dan and Natalie didn’t seem like a good fit right from the start, and they both messed up within the relationship. Dan should have known better than to flirt with other girls over text, and Nat could have handled her jealousy a bit better than she did.

The storyline in this was about Nat writing letters to Dan chronicling the ups and downs of their relationship, with Dan then telling us his side of the story after each letter. There was a bit of mystery over what had caused them to break up, and we slowly got to know more as the book went along, but the characters also seemed to get worse as the story went along, and it was easy to see why they were better off apart.

The ending to this was a little unexpected, with Nat getting revenge on Dan, and there was no happy ending for this pair.

6.25 out of 10

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 16 Ways to Break A Heart.