Heather Maclean's Reviews > Wait for Me

Wait for Me by Caroline Leech

bookshelves: historical-romance, scotland, wwii, favorites, ya, ya-adults-would-love

Historical fiction has always been my favorite, but after leaving middle school titles behind, it seems like most HFs are either depressing lessons on how bad we were, bodice rippers, or just fall flat. And then came WAIT FOR ME by Caroline Leech. I cannot say enough wonderful things about this delicious historical romance! One of the best books I've read in a long while!

I adore books set in Scotland, and I adore books about romance despite the odds during WWII, so I was expecting to like the book. I wasn't expecting to fall in love with every aspect of it. The main characters are so richly conceived, I was almost convinced they were real. Walking in their shoes, I felt like I was 16 again in the throes of first love. I am almost embarrassed to admit it, but I actually cried near the end and I *never* cry at books! It's one of those books that you start reading more slowly so you can savor it, knowing you'll be crushed when it's over.

WAIT FOR ME is a great read for young adults and tweens as well. Caroline Leech does a wonderful job of crafting a sizzling romance without any sex and a dramatic story without any curse words. I also think it's a wonderful read for adults. It reminded me a bit of "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society" but with more sparkle! I honestly think all ages would love it! Five verra verra enthusiastic stars!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wait for Me.

Finished Reading