Tari's Reviews > 50% Off Murder

50% Off Murder by Josie Belle

Ever since I found out that author Jenn McKinlay also wrote under this name at one time, I've wanted to start this series. I loved this book and the group of Good Buy Girls friends. Being a bargain and discount fan (but not nearly as much of a shopper as these ladies are) I could relate to some of what they were doing as well as appreciate the tips given at the end of the book. There were some really funny scenes in the book, particularly between Maggie, the founder of the GBG group and her lifelong nemesis, Summer Phillips. It was like Lucy and Ethel all over, except that Maggie and Summer loathed one another.

I hadn't guessed the killer until a clue toward the end struck me. The showdown was a good one, and sweet Max, the 20-year-old resident genius and lawyer, came in very handy with using his brain to get himself and Maggie out of a tight spot. I'm hoping that Maggie and Sam can finally bury the hatchet regarding their seemingly lifetime feuds and disagreements, although I hope that they don't bury that hatchet in one another! I'm anxious to read more in this series, because by the end of the book, I felt like the women in the group were old friends.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 50% Off Murder.

February 2, 2017 – Shelved
August 9, 2019 – Started Reading
August 10, 2019 –
page 192
August 10, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Deborah Almada Fun series, there is nothing better than finding a series by an author you love, just under another name, jackpot!!!

Tari Deborah wrote: "Fun series, there is nothing better than finding a series by an author you love, just under another name, jackpot!!!" Exactly! I think Jenn was at one of the Facebook book club chats once and that's probably how I found out that this was her series too. I wish that it had more than 5 books, but it'll take me awhile lol. At least reading the blurbs ahead, it sounds like she was able to give it some closure when it ended. :)