Rachel's Reviews > Life After

Life After by Katie Ganshert

This was an amazing book! This is the first full length book I have read of this author (I've read a few of her novellas) and I really like her writing style. The emotions and struggles that Autumn and the other characters go through are so well written that they grip your heart and you HAVE to keep reading to find out how it all turns out.

The angst of turning teenager Reese and the emotions she's going through and the anxiety she's causing her father is so heart-breaking. And then there is Paul's secret about Vivian and how his guilt is eating at him. Paul and Reese have to learn to be open and honest with each other and those around them in order to start the process of healing.

Autumn's guilt about being the only survivor has totally changed her life. She has so many issues to work through but she slowly opens herself up to her family and those around her again. I love how her family is there for her even though they overwhelm her sometimes. Autumn's interaction with the victim's families for the video is precious and helps further the healing process for all involved.

This is a complex story with a depth of emotion that will take you from sorrow and guilt to healing and hope and leave you with the beautiful truth that God doesn't always give us the miracle but he will always comfort us if we let Him (Jesus wept!).

*Thanks to the author and publisher for a complimentary ARC copy of this book. I was not paid or required to write a positive review and all opinions stated are my own.*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Life After.

February 2, 2017 – Started Reading
February 2, 2017 – Shelved as: read-2017
February 2, 2017 – Shelved as: arc
February 4, 2017 – Finished Reading
March 29, 2017 – Shelved as: 2017-cfd-featured-authors

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

Loraine Just finished Nancy Moser's Crossroads. Good book!

Rachel Oh yes, that was a good one! :)

Chantel Beatiful review!

Rachel Chantel wrote: "Beatiful review!"
Thank you!