Angie's Reviews > Trapped

Trapped by Michael Northrop

Mar 21, 2017

bookshelves: scholastic-books, middle-grade

Synopsis: "The day the blizzard started, no one knew that it was going to keep snowing for a week. That for those in its path, it would become not just a matter of keeping warm, but of staying alive. . . .

Scotty and his friends Pete and Jason are among the last seven kids at their high school waiting to get picked up that day, and they soon realize that no one is coming for them. Still, it doesn't seem so bad to spend the night at school, especially when distractingly hot Krista and Julie are sleeping just down the hall. But then the power goes out, then the heat. The pipes freeze, and the roof shudders. As the days add up, the snow piles higher, and the empty halls grow colder and darker, the mounting pressure forces a devastating decision. . . ."

My Review: I picked this book up completely on a whim, thinking Munchkin might like it when he gets a little older. I ended up really enjoying this book, I read it on a day we had a spring blizzard so the reading setting was perfect. I really got into the book and the pages kept turning, I didn't want to put it down until I finished. It was an adventure that middle grade readers will really enjoy, and it is fun to think about how you would handle the situation. The book did end rather abruptly and left a lot of questions to be answered. It was a fast and engrossing book to read on a snowy day.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Trapped.

February 2, 2017 – Shelved