April ~ The Reading Belles 's Reviews > Leveling the Field

Leveling the Field by Megan Erickson

Grumpy gamer geek and dirty-talking photographer? Fuck yeah! This book popped my Megan Erickson cherry and so glad it exceeded my expectation! Both Ethan and Lissa were recovering from a tragic loss that affected their present lives. Ethan was a YouTube sensation back when he was still playing video games while commenting on them but an arrogant attempt to show off killed his sister. Now, he's turned into a grumpy bastard who also had ugly scars across his face to remind him of the accident. Lissa knew she should have done something for her sister after she met an accident. But it's too late and now she's doing everything to commemorate her sister's death–to interview people who had the same scars as her sister's but learned to survive and live–and make a foundation out of it. The attraction between the two characters was sizzling and so intense. Ethan knew Lissa wouldn't want anything from her aside from orgasms. He's broken and would rather be alone to punish himself for what he did. Lissa, on the other hand, has dealt with her sister's death with renewed positivity to help others and to always stick with her family. The story was really interesting and I loved how they both opened up to each other. I would have liked for their getting-to-know-you-and-me pace to be longer because it was kind of skipped out here. But I get it given the length of the book. The characters and the premise felt real and believable. Also, it's very hot and fun because of the glitter! Haha! Overall, this won't definitely be my last Megan Erickson book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Leveling the Field.

January 31, 2017 – Started Reading
February 2, 2017 – Shelved as: read-in-2017
February 2, 2017 – Shelved as: talk-dirty-to-me
February 2, 2017 – Shelved as: geek-hero
February 2, 2017 – Shelved as: grumpy-hero

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)

Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog Great review April! :) xx

Christie«SHBBblogger» You just said the magic word. Geek? Sold. lol Terrific review! ;D

April ~ The Reading Belles  Christie«SHBBblogger» wrote: "You just said the magic word. Geek? Sold. lol Terrific review! ;D" YES!! Reclusive geek at that. Haha! Thank you!

Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog wrote: "Great review April! :) xx" Thanks Nissa! Mwah!

Alba and Her Secrets..♥ Amazing review, sweets!! :) xx

April ~ The Reading Belles  Alba and Her Secrets..♥ wrote: "Amazing review, sweets!! :) xx"

Thanks babe! <3