Brandy's Reviews > My Trip to Adele

My Trip to Adele by R.I. Alyaseer

My Trip to Adele
By R.I Alyaseer and A.I Alyaseer

[b]My Trip to Adele[/b] is a collection of lives told from multiple characters point a view. All based around the songs and works of singer Adele. We came across a women fighting for her independence from her tribe as well as the safety and independence of her young son. While she fights her controlling husband and uncles push against her and her son is shot, but not killed. Her ex husband fights her on every step and even goes as far as stopping her from taking their son to see Adele in Rome. We also come across a prostitute, a minor child, who is paid handsomely for her comfort and believes that is all she is good for until she meets a English man who not only opens her eyes, but gives her a goal to work for. Though he leaves they promise that they will meet again at a Adele concert. She strives to learn English from Adele CD's until they can meet again. Lastly we get introduced and witness the falling out of love of two long married doctors, they were brought together through their love of surgery, and their romance was sealed with a Adele song and a hot cup of coffee. Unfortunately many years later they attend counseling and they cannot come up with even one happy moment, and it a grasp of hope they book a trip to see Adele in concert. Can Adele and her music really give a mom peace, a prostitute freedom, and ignite a married couples love?

Thought this book would not have been my first choice as I am not a fan of Adele nor her music (sorry I am a country girl). I did enjoy reading this book. I really liked the fact that the authors used Adele's song lyrics not only as the ending for the chapters but as the titles of each chapter. It really connects the book together as a whole. I believed my most “treasured” character is the young prostitute, I really enjoyed watching her grow and seeing her really connect with someone non sexually and become finally free. My heart wept for the young mother trying to fight for her independence and the security of her son. I also connected with the couple, as I too have had a rocky marriage, though sadly not saved by music!

The only real rant that I do have is that because this book was translated from Arabic to English I notices many spelling mistakes and found it hard to pronounce (even in my head) some of the words. This saying I don't believe it took away from the book in any way!

I give this book a 3 out of 4 stars due to the grammar and spelling. I would still recommend it to any reader that likes story's based around music icons, as well as mini love stories. You can get this book by going to Good Reads and Amazon.

******
My Trip to Adele
View: [url=http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shel... Bookshelves[/url] | on Amazon
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Trip to Adele.

January 30, 2017 – Started Reading