Angie's Reviews > Beauty and the Beast: Lost in a Book

Beauty and the Beast by Jennifer Donnelly

Feb 21, 2017

bookshelves: fantasy, middle-grade

Synopsis: "An original addition to the beloved Beauty and the Beast fairy tale, Lost in a Book follows the lonely, bookish Belle as she finds an enchanted book in the Beast’s library called Nevermore that carries her into a glittering new world. There, Belle is befriended by a mysterious countess who offers her the life she’s always dreamed of.

But Nevermore is not what it seems, and the more time Belle spends there, the harder it is to leave. Good stories take hold of us and never let us go, and once Belle becomes lost in this book, she may never find her way out again.

This deluxe hardcover novel expands upon the beautiful story and world seen in the new Walt Disney Studios' film, Beauty and the Beast."

My Review: I have always loved the Beauty and the Beast movie, and am very excited for the new release coming up, so of course I had to pick this book up. It seems to be meant for middle grade readers, but all ages will enjoy this story. It does a wonderful job of combining the original tale with the movie version we all know and love, it also fills in the missing time in the movie without interfering with that storyline. If you are a fan of re-tellings or the Beauty and the Beast story in general, you will love this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beauty and the Beast.

February 1, 2017 – Shelved