Missy (Missy's Reads & Reviews)'s Reviews > Bone Dressing

Bone Dressing by Michelle I. Brooks

Jul 26, 2011

This book started as an uphill battle for me, but it was a short battle. For the first 20 pages or so, I had a little trouble getting into it. Then, once I started understanding the plot and character(s) better, it was basically like a ball rolling down a hill for me - I couldn't stop it until I was completely finished with the book. And to be completely honest, I cannot even tell you if it was this book's fault that I had trouble with the beginning or my mind was still reeling from the last book (which I won't name and you'll never know because I never review my books in the order that I read them) and it had a hard time grasping something new.

Syd was a great female lead that I almost instantly fell in love with. I say 'almost instantly' because I wanted to slap her at first for being so unwilling to confront her destiny - but, again, that's probably because I'm a little on the impatient side and I like to get straight down to business. Her snarky attitude and witty one-liners had me laughing out loud several times, effectively making my husband think I'd finally gone off the deep end. Although this book is a little on the dark side, Syd's humor kept in more light - even if the snarky, tough girl attitude was just an exterior of a girl who was in pain. I think that's what made me love her so much. And Beau? Swoon alert. I absolutely loved the romance between them which was way more than what meets the eye - which you'll understand better when you read the book.

The premise of this paranormal book is unique and stands out in the world of angels, demons, shape shifters and vampires. It's pretty fast paced and will have you hooked from the very beginning. Michelle's writing is flawless and I have to credit that as well because I think it really made the book as great as it was.

Like any book in a series, you're left with a few questions once you're done.. but they keep you on the edge of your seat and anxiously awaiting the next book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bone Dressing.