Brandy's Reviews > The Hummingbird Heart

The Hummingbird Heart by A.G. Howard

Aug 01, 2017

bookshelves: ebooks-i-own, favorites

***Note: I received an ecopy of this book early via the author in exchange for an honest review.***

I have loved AG Howard's writing and stories since Splintered hit the shelves and I was thrust into Wonderland with Alyssa, Morpheus, and Jeb. This series holds up to what I have come to expect when reading one of her books.

The Hummingbird Heart tells a beautiful story of young love, self-discovery, the power of forgiveness, and adventure. I enjoyed watching Julian and Willow's relationship grow from the beginning. Their interactions and ability to read one another shows just how close they were before they developed deeper feelings for one another. I loved how their feelings jumped off the page at me. I kept having to remind myself that it was all new to them, because I kept yelling at them to just communicate and some confusion would be alleviated! I'll admit, I also called Julian an idiot occasionally, for being so insecure about his inexperience. :) I enjoyed seeing the story unfold and there were definitely some twists that I didn't see coming but that fit perfectly, despite the surprises.

While the characters so easily became part of my family in my mind, the writing is what keeps me coming back for more. Her descriptions, the emotion that seeps from the pages, and just the words she puts together makes me never want to stop reading. There were some places I marked that were great quotes, gorgeous sentences, or, in some cases, hilarious because they sounded so real (between all the young adults, there were some definite lines I laughed out loud at!).

I can't wait for this gorgeous cover to grace my shelf next to The Architect of Song. :)

I'm looking forward to the next installment in this series. I am invested in this family and I want to know more about them and future generations!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hummingbird Heart.

February 1, 2017 – Shelved